B1415 Airplay 2 Feedback

Just noticed if I add any of airplay 2 latest build to Roon it’s disappearing as a viable client for Airplay in iOS. This can’t be correct?

Also can’t seem to get audio to Shairport on Dietpi looks to be playing but get nothing coming out all.

I instaled the update, and airplay worked for a moment, then stopped the icon also desapeared from my audio devices. Tryed to Add it again and started to ask for password, but it does not accept my airplay defined password, the only way to Add the device is to turn it completely off, cut the power, then turn it on and now the airplay password is accepted again. Until I start play in Roon and then again the device desapears.

This at least happens on a Denon reciever and then on my HomePod, the HomePod worked for a Little.

I Will wait until this Problem is corrected, unfortunatly this week and next I can´t give to much time to this issue to give feedback, simply Will wait for a bug fix.

Managed to sort out the no sound but it does keep locking up the devices so I can’t airplay to them from any other app this is with them not playing. Very odd.

B1415 seems to be a huge improvement for me. My Devialet Phantoms were a disaster when grouped with anything — sync issues, dropouts, just a mess. Now they seem to be working fine. Devialet is reportedly in the process of updating their firmware (with AirPlay enhancements and other things), but I haven’t seen the new version yet.

Note that I’ve recently given up on RAAT with groups that included the Devialet Phantoms. They couldn’t stay in sync for even a single track.

airplay2 to m1 mac mini - seems a little worse with this release … now there’s no accept/decline request on the mac, no data transfer, playback doesn’t start (stuck at 0:00)

playback to apple tv, wiim pro plus, shairport airplay1 on ropieee, and various shairport airplay2 Pi-like devices all good still

sync still good for most combinations, sync with the wiim pro plus still way off

[update] : after some time using, one shairport airplay2 device (a Pi5) has drifted slightly out of sync with my other similar devices … after noting this, i switched over to Tidal app and streamed to same devices via airplay2, sync now ok … and then back to Roon again, and the Pi5 is still out of sync

Does this only happen with Shairport receivers?

As we were encouraged to retest reported issues, this still happens with B1415:

Hi Ben it seemed to be on this version any active receiver is causing havoc. Start to get dropouts, cpu seems high for just streaming and on one core maxes out, then connection to the core is lost intermittently on wired or wireless clients, seems like something is overloading the network for Roon. I don’t get this outside of Roon. I also see my Mac greying out Airplay clients not even connected on Roon. So it’s definitely causing some network disruption feels like a broadcast storm or something. I cant use it anymore had to disable all zones.

Core now keeps loosing connection one core stuck at 100% cpu so somethings now hung. Rebooting to see if it sorts it. I think starting a group may be the trigger here.

So my main issue of using AppleTV 4Ks is resolved. However, a different issue has appeared. My Samsung TV has AirPlay built into it, but it does not accept my password from within Roon when I Enable it as an endpoint. When I select the TV from my MacBook or iPhone and enter the password, everything works. I checked this on my LG TV also with built-in AirPlay and this also does not work with Roon.

My LG has newer firmware and is part of my Home profile, the Samsung TV is not. There seems to be some issue with entering the password from with Roon that the TVs do not accept.

Here is the error message that pops up from within Roon for the TVs:

So, having thought that B1414 had fixed all my Airplay 1 problems, unfortunately the previously stable devices (Monitor Audio S200 and Audio Pro A10 mk1) still seem to be struggling, even with this build. Used with the Alarm Clock extension and Live Radio, they’re just not behaving consistently - one will work one day, the next a different day or none at all. In all cases the symptoms are the same - they appear to be playing through the UI but play needs to be stopped and restarted to actually produce sound.