Bad sound quality with Roon [Resolved, Ethernet Switch]

Hi everyone

WELL HERE WE GO…

As I have previously said, I did try to move my synology to another room without any difference but now I’ve moved it into my basement (where my fiber comes in) and this time connected directly to my router without going through the switch that split the cables to all rooms in the House (as i did earlier).
Unlike previous experiments, I have now connected my router and synology to my LPS in the regular power outlet in the basement without the switch but directly in the router. Therefore i now also had the opportunity to remove the switch in my listening room as I only need to connect my LUMIN (with the nas missing) therefore lumin is connected directly to the Ethernet wall outlet and this cable is also going directly into the router in the basement . All these things had done the trick. FINALLY!!!
Through roon I get a bigger soundstage and a little more “black” than via LUMIN. There is now just a slight difference and it’s a matter of taste. LUMIN plays a little more up front and a bit more detailed but there is a nicely larger sound stage through Roon. I’m about to build a LPS for my fiber box that I’ll expect to give a further step up.

I now know that a switch is NOT an option in my system… ever!!

hope my description makes sense. :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you updated when I get the LPS to my fiber box.

Thanks to all of you guys

3 Likes