Battery Power vs Linear Power supplies for RPI endpoints what do you use? Send comments

I am doing a similar thing, using a USB power brick to power my RPi and have been very happy with it. To solve the charging issue, I use a HUE Smart Plug with the USB charger. I have it automated, when I turn on the system, the charger is turned off via the HUE plug, when I turn off the system the charger turns back on and charges the battery. I get over 24 hours on a charge, and it only takes a few hours to fully charge it back up, so battery power has not been an issue for me in regard to run time.

Philips Hue Smart Plug White 552349 - Best Buy

1 Like

I was rather disappointed with using RPI4 as Roon end point moving from a Surface pro running on battery with fidelizer.
I tried running the Rpi off a 27000mAH Anker powerbank and it is better than the Surface in some regards.
Now I am looking into a LPS, although I can probably run the Rpi for a week without recharging.
I wouldn’t use the Rpi with its switching PS, sound is too veiled, I can clearly hear what I am missing when I run it with the powerbank and even compared to a “noisy” PC.

So, what’s the DAC you connect and how?

Denafrips Ares II connected via USB.