Best native DSD DACs for use with HQPlayer?

Apologies if this is not directly linked to this thread (my DAC is not a native DSD DAC); I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong with the HQP settings as I don’t seem to be able to play 48kHz (and multiples thereof) files at DSD512.

My DAC is a Gustard X26Pro with two ESS9038Pro chips inside. I’ve always taken it for granted that when I’m playing 48kHz files I need to set the conversion rate to 48x500 as opposed to 48x512, but I never really understood why. So I’ve recently set it to 48x512 to see what happens (48k DSD box ticked, as always) and I’m quite puzzled - my DAC is receiving the signal, its display changes to 24.5MHz, but no sound comes out of it. Changing it to any lower rate immediately rectifies the issue and I’ve got sound again.

I previously assumed that my DAC would simply not go over 22.5MHz, but until now never tested it. I’m confused as I was expecting things to either work or for the DAC to not even recognise the incoming signal. Since its display does in fact change to the correct rate, it would seem to me that the signal is being recognised correctly.

Has anyone experienced this issue? It would appear to me that I’m either doing something wrong with the HQP settings or there’s an issue with my DAC’s firmware (I updated it after the purchase and there don’t seem to have been any further updates from Gustard since then) or perhaps it is in fact capped at 22.5MHz despite correctly displaying a higher rate.