Best Practice: Duplicate Finding & Deleting (FLAC library >10tb)

Hi Bill
Thankyou for running this comparison, the extra directories would not have been created by Delete Duplicates because it does not create any directories, I suspect it was probably created during Fix Songs if you had it configured to move/rename files.

It seems the actual Delete Duplicates results were similar (455/449) but difficult for me to comment further on this or the addtional directories without seeing the reports. I would be grateful if you run Create Support Files then I can see yor latest results and give you some feedback.

Will do - I’m running it again over a backup I made of the big mess - I even added a bunch more versions of it together. It’s been running for almost 2 days and is about 70% done.

I posted on your site about this. This time I ran dupeguru to delete exact bit level file matches first. Then I deleted ALL of the jpgs and then created a batch file to delete all of the empty directories. Now Songkong is having its go.

I usually have move/rename turned on during a clean. Hopefully the two steps above - along with no longer worrying about using itunes or shortening file names for windows will give me the best results so far.

Thx

Hi Bill, I have posted on https://community.jthink.net/t/why-does-a-disk-get-split-into-subdirs/9659 I looked at your results and couldn’t really see a problem so please if there still a problem can you give me a concrete example to work with.