Best Practice(s) for using a NAS (QNAP TS451+) to Install a Secondary Roon Core?

Perfect Arindal,

My QNAP TS451+ only has 2GB of RAM. But given my less than 5,000 tracks, more like 4k when I’m finished pulling tracks from my 200K+ tracks, the database should be small enough to maybe run without bumping-up the RAM.

I’m a bit dubious about throwing any money, or spending any time tearing into my QNAP. Because, apparently there is a failure point (perhaps a resistor) on the Intel CPU, that is causing many to die. Apparently, it’s not a matter of IF it will happen, but when. Apparently, Synology NAS’s with the same CPU are having similar failure rates.

The new NAS loaded database will be to used for multiple Amazon Alexa speakers. This will be for background, non-critical listening only. I was pleased to recently learn that streaming my music from Roon to an Alexa speaker group was finally doable with the addition of 2-devices. The following forum post was quite helpful in that respect: Use Roon to Stream Music to Amazon Echo speaker

At any rate, thanks for the info., you’ve been quite helpful!