Best Way to Connect a Nucleus to a PS Audio DirectStream DAC?

I don’t see any streamers on their webpage. Which model are you talking about?

I have yet to find one worth investing in. I would want a streamer that would support at least DSD256 over I2S. The streamers with I2S out I have found so far only support DSD64…

Please, what supply are you using and for what device(s)?

I like Farad LPS units, but the Uptone LPS1.2 is also very good imo. I use one to power the Matrix and it gives a nice boost in performance in my system.

Very interesting topic and sugestions.

Although it seams that the Matrix X-SPDIF-2 is a workaround on getting I2S to the DS DAC, I beleive that the main issue of jitter on these chains is the fact that they are all electrically hooked somewhere in the chain via a USB connection, thus, Ideally we should have an ethernet end-point (roon endpoint et al) and an I2S output, similarly to what you can do with a Pi2AES (PI2AES - PRO AUDIO SHIELD - Pi2 Design).

My problem is finding a chain Roon End-point Ethernet - I2S - DS DAC similar to what you can do with PiAES, but that supports 32bit/384kHz PCM and DSD64 (or even above), enabling the maximized use of HQPlayer upsampling schemes, without a USB electrical connection on the chain.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Tkx

Don’t know if it’s too late for this post but I’m new to all this digital stuff and need help. I have a Direct Stream DAC. I started with a lap top as core, via wi fi to router and router ethernet to DSD via Bridge ll. Sounded good. I didn’t like the music shutting down when the laptop went to sleep. So I bought a Nucleus hoping I could just walk in the house and start listening without turning on computer. So now i have Nucleus to router via ethernet, Nucleus to DSD via USB. I just did this today so not sure if any better sound quality yet. Should there be? Anyway, now it seems that I don’t have volume control with remote. A convenience I’m not sure I want to give up unless it comes with better aound quality. The DSD remote doesn’t reach so far. So I guess I turn volume to 100 on remote and attenuate with DSD. Does this sound right?

You really should start your own thread to have those questions answered. :+1: