Blame Darko (Yet ANOTHER ROCK Thread)

Sorry; I know there are a 100 threads, and a million posts on the subject; but that’s part of the problem. The information is sooo scattered…not 100% what the answer to my question is.

When I saw John’s video, my FIRST question was…of course…does it HAVE to be on a NUC? I’ve got plenty of small-form PCs lying around…including an old C.A.P.S. build, if any of you “computer audiophiles” remember that. Besides…this will serve, out of the room; so form isn’t even really a question.

So…as I understand it: of course you can run this OS, on something other than a NUC; ROON just can’t predict the results, and won’t support it if you run into problems?? Any reason, not to try it…and it works until it works; as opposed to the $300+ for a NUC I don’t need?

Out of curiosity: if I went with an i3…can the CPUs be upgraded on these boards?

Thanks,

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: MOCK - Tell us what strange gear you’ve installed ROCK on!

A post was merged into an existing topic: MOCK - Tell us what strange gear you’ve installed ROCK on!