Bluesound Node 2 experiences

The problem with the Node 2 is that its DAC sucks! OK, maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but really is a low quality bare minimum TI DAC . So to use your pre / DAC, you would need to feed it via optical to it, which in turns causes only a partial unfolding from Node 2.

This issue is what has kept me from buying anything by Bluesound. The big selling point is everything it does. Kinda like a Swiss Army Knife. Lose the scissors and itā€™s just not what itā€™s made to be without every piece.

As soon as itā€™s done youā€™ll want one lol. The Pulse 2 is amazing as a ā€˜Swiss Army Knifeā€™ for audio.

1 Like

Good news from the Bluesound Forum:

ā€œDSD Support will be included as a tool in the New BluOS Desktop Controller for Windows and macOS. We missed AndrewHā€™s Easter bunny delivery date, but not by much. Keep your eyes postedā€¦ā€

1 Like

Hello. May I ask how did you add Bluesound Node to Harmony Hub? It doesnā€™t have IR as far as I know.
That is what I am trying to do do with my Harmony Elite remote.
Thanks.

As far as I know the Node can learn IR codes, so if you have a certain remote around for a device that you donā€™t use, you can teach your Node codes from that remote for certain tasks and then instruct the Harmony to use that deviceā€™s remote for Node commands.

1 Like

Thanks Alex.
My Node is first gen. I think it does not support.
I cannot find any remote code to teach.
Cheers.

in the BluOS app look in settingsā€“>deviceā€“>IR remote