Bring back the filter funnel please

It’s just a questionable decision to use the same icon for a different function. Certainly not a threat to national security, but it can be annoying to click on something and realize it wasn’t the function you were seeking.

The bigger question is why there is so much tinkering at the fringes and so much reorganizing the location or representation of functions but so little actual new or improved functionality. Enno’s recent note gives some hope.

And as per usual they have inconsistencies of the whole Roon approach as ARC still uses the funnel. :rofl:

I don’t really care what the icons look like so much. I care that there are two different icons for two different functions. Otherwise think of the product manual, or, having to describe the differences to a confused user on the Support Forums.

If the magnifying glass is up top then it means it is a a search, and if there is a magnifying glass with the word Filter, then it is a filter. Except, when the Magnifying Glass appears at the top of a spreadsheet style page like “Tracks”. In this case, all the individual field Magnifying Glass Icons are filters even if they are not listed as such.

1 Like

On phone you don’t see filter either. Just not a well thought out change this one.

I didn’t want to remove any of my votes but I have now and moved it here :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m 44, and I filtered through a funnel :grin:

I also nearly burnt a science classroom down once.

3 Likes

Same here.

Feel quite strongly about this :pray:

1 Like

I am a member of the RFPS

Roon Funnel Preservation Society

4 Likes

I only did Chemistry for 3 years - but I used a funnel - with filter paper for filtering (and I’m only 4 or 5 years older that yourself).

However, I think I used it much much more in Biology (which I did for 5 years).

1 Like

somebody “made me vote here”

1 Like

No money changed hands :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I strengthen @Simon_Arnold3 and my case for the funnel with this exhibit A

1 Like

Only cookies I believe :cookie:

1 Like

Well within the rules :smiley:

1 Like

Someone above posted about Office. Excel uses a funnel icon for Filter.

image.jpeg

2 Likes

The new icon has confused two people today:

1 Like

I said this would happen when they changed it. Its a daft decision to change established icons.

1 Like

I agree that it’s strange to use a mag glass twice in a UI but having tried it out, I (think I) can see where they were going with this. When I think filter, I want to be offered something to filter by, as opposed to a blank-slate search box. Blank search boxes search for stuff…and it does in this case. Perhaps it’s the text in the search box that’s wrong …change it to search, local search, search within album ? …or something even more long winded :wink:

And again…

1 Like

This really needs to be addressed, please reinstate the funnel!