Bye bye, Roon "Core"

I run the production release in my main Mac, the latest. What I am trying to test is to run the software from a different Mac, close the app, let the server running, and then just use my mobile or an iPad to access and play the files, without really needing to touch the computer and without needing to have Roon open, which is what I understood would be possible to do with this early release.

My “main” Mac is my PC, so I’m carrying it around everywhere, while the other Mac could stay at home, but other people may use it, so it would be great to be able to run the server in the background without people noticing the software is running.

My understanding of this post (Roon 2.0 Build 1310 is Live!) is that this should be possible and I could simply uninstall Roon from my machine.

Basically, this:

Going forward, we will no longer offer Roon Server as a stand-alone installer for Windows and Mac. On these platforms, there will be a single Roon installer which will include the Roon application (for selecting music and configuring Roon) and Roon Server, for users that run their Core on Windows or Mac OS.

In these setups Roon Server continues to run in the background when you close Roon. If you’d like to shut down Roon Server on these platforms you can do that from the System Tray or menu bar.

And this:

If you currently run your Core on your Windows or Mac device, this update will automatically update your install so that you’re running both Roon Server and Roon.

The only difference is that I’m trying to run the software on a different computer, that’s all.

Maybe my mistake is that this release is only an upgrade package for those who already have Core installed, meaning I have to install Core first and then use the new package to upgrade it only?