Clock/Microphone in Lyrics selector

I always like to read lyrics …especially when I get something new…Lately I have noticed a Clock symbol to the left of the Microphone symbol that is used to access Lyrics…

What does the Clock mean? It’s not always there since it’s new, I thought I’d ask…

Cheers,
Larry

Hi Larry,

Checkout the section on Real Time Lyrics …

Carl,

Thanks for the splanation!..I just love that…Everywhere I go, I continually tell people how bitchen Roon is!!!

In fact I tell them that all the other music players…together…could not hold Roon’s Jock strap!!!

I JUST LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

3 Likes

Carl,

Thanks for the explanation of that little Clock with the Mic…however…When I click on the new Logo I get the exact same results as before…they are still there but do NOT move to the music ie Scrolling?

In other words the Mic/Clock logo is zero difference to the Mic without the clock…what gives?

Hi Larry,

At present Real Time Lyrics are only available via:

• Chromecast Displays
  • Web Display

I believe it’s planned to also add support to the main Roon GUI at some point in time.

Yup, that’s the plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mike and Carl,

Thanks for the explanation…I use my iPad for remote control…it’s no big deal to me…just wanted to understand the new feature…

Thanks you guys!

Larry

1 Like

Have this showing up now and then on my Ipad used with Roon remote app. But cant get it showing real time but only the static lyrics.

What do I missing?

Hey Redwine,

The answer is above…
and below…

At present Real Time Lyrics are only available via:

Chromecast Displays
Web Display
I believe it’s planned to also add support to the main Roon GUI at some point in time.

Is there a way to disable lyrics when using Chromecast as an endpoint? The video Chromecast that is.