Commercial announcements

I think the moderators (and the community at large) do a great job ensuring there’s no spam on the community site, but I would draw a distinction between spam and “commercial announcements” that are relevant and beneficial to the community.

Generally speaking, when a manufacturer comes here to announce a product that’s legitimately related to Roon, and also engages with members of the community, I think that’s worthwhile. The requirement (as mentioned in our guidelines) is that they’re transparent about their affiliations – there shouldn’t be any doubt that the post is announcing a product the poster has a commercial interest in.

Obviously, there were some issues with a recently-announced product but those issues are now resolved, and that happened because the poster was engaging with the community. So from my perspective, the system is working just as we’d hope.

In the future, if anyone feels like commercial affiliations are not being properly disclosed, or if you feel a poster has crossed the line from transparently announcing their product to spamming the community site generally, please flag the post so moderators and Roon staff can look into it.

We appreciate the feedback from the community, and we’re also really happy to see manufacturers and partners engaging with Roon members and getting feedback from the community, and this is something we hope to see more of, not less.

Thanks all!

3 Likes