Comparing the T2 and X1 - what should I listen for?

Very unlikely.

Lumin streamers + Lumin app alone do not support accessing SMB files.

In order to play files from SMB: You may use Roon (since this is Roon forum), or install the free MinimServer to a computer with SMB mounted, and use Lumin app to access MinimServer.

1 Like

That is too bad, as itā€™s super easy to mount a shared USB drive to an internet router nowadays and share it as a SMB drive. My current setup includes the Bluesound Node and the RPi running LMS+Squeezelite (using PiCorePlayer), and both of tham can build a library off of the Samba drive, and act as server+streamer on its own, having the files offloaded to a side location.

Why Iā€™m aiming at a internet router is because itā€™s always on anyways. Having yet another separate computer running either Roon or Minim Server is an option, but thatā€™s yet another box running all day long. Iā€™m trying to avoid that, if possible.

Thanks a lot for your answers. If you consider adding SMB support in the future, given the above context, thatā€™d be awesome. On my side, running a separate media server is quite unlikely the path Iā€™d want to take, Iā€™m looking at reducing the number of boxes around.

I run a Roon Nucleus which supports an internal HD - much prefer it over a standalone networked HD coupled to a Roon server pc. This with the X1 is all I need.

1 Like

Sure, the same as I prefer samba share from my router, and the idea of a server/streamer reading that storage. Less boxes, less noise, less heat, less electricity used.

(I also donā€™t understand why is there no Roon for the ARM architecture, SBCs became quite powerful today; but thatā€™s a whole other story)