B1402 Composer’s composition lists - some have covers, some not

Really appreciated the look of a composer´s composition lists with album covers when it appeared:

Was noticing some composers having this neat-looking list, and others do not:

Was wondering what it depends on? Seems not to be a matter of being a classical composer or not as Gershwin and Britten have this feature, Mozart and many others do not.

1 Like

Same here, other examples

And…

We don’t show covers for classical compositions.

In popular music, there’s often an “original” recording or an overwhelmingly popular version of the song, but in classical there’s rarely a single performance that everyone agrees is the one, and the connection between albums and classical compositions is less crisp as performances are released and re-released across box sets and compilations.

We could simply pick the most popular album cover but you might end up with “Fifth of Beethoven” or Alicia Keys in some cases, which is probably not what you’re looking for here. Or maybe it is? Would be great to hear more details in Feature Suggestions.

Thank you!

Absolutely agree, and I do not really need covers in the list of classical compositions. It just looked nice and Benjamin Britten as well as George Gershwin and some others have it. And they are surely classical composers, that was were the confusion originated from.

1 Like

Um, Roon doesn’t seem to be consistent here. For example, John Adams is listed as a Classical Composer in my Roon:

What is the cover art switch? Date of death of a Classical Composer?

Hi Mike,

I second Geoff in asking what is the determinate for Classical Composer. In the OPs pics he shows Benjamin Britten, who I consider a classical composer, with album covers.