Connect Trinnov to Roon by HDMI or Network (or both)?

A post was split to a new topic: How do we slave to the Roon Server’s clock

The recommended connection is using a dedicated network audio renderer and lead it’s output via AES/EBU or Coax SPDif to the Trinnov.

Example devices are the Lumin U1 or U1 mini, the Lindemann Limetree Bridge II, Android solutions like the Allo DigiOne Signature on top of the USBridge Signature, iFi Zen Stream (ordered by soundquality and pricelevel descending)

Trinnov’s network audio renderer capabilities are ok, but not high end. Let the Trinnov do what he is designed for: room correction. All other things can be better done by external devices.

Dirk,
Recommended by whom? If you read above, Jon from Trinnov recommends the direct network connection to the Altitude. In my experience, this is an excellent sounding solution and it does not require additional hardware.

Recommended by my ears and the ears of some other very experienced users in German forums.

Of course Jon from Trinnov recommends their own renderer. What else should he do? By the way, the Trinnov renderer is really not bad, I used it for many months.

But there are better renderers in the market, sorry to say.

Beside that it’s the recommended way in pure theory of building a network audio system: a media server, a control point and a media renderer, each as separate device.

Last not least, I think this discussion does not lead to a goal. For me and other users it’s the recommended and best way to use a high end external renderer, like Linn, Lumin, Lindemann.

For you or maybe not the way you prefer. Accepted.