Database repair?

I have since I first experienced this issue, straight after the release of B880

They do not. I’ve been told by Support that there is no repairing, and no means to recover lost playlists or hearts.

No, I don’t believe there are any tools or processes been made available - there has been no activity on the tickets raised at the ticket with the B880 release. All references just quietly dropped by Roon.

Meanwhile I undertook a complete rebuild of my library on B880/B882, which took about a week to import and analysis.
I was then left with over 400 unidentified albums to work on - many of them should of been picked by Roon, but I am now down to 63 of 7013, and 3 of those are subject of a bug in the metadata identification selection, which it transpires has been there for many months and not yet solved.

I have also recreated most of my Playlists I had in Roon. This time, however, I have undertaken them as m3u8 based Playlists stored externally in a folder in my Music Library, so they are imported, so any future loss of a Roon database means I don’t lose them again.
Plus they can’t be changed or re-ordered from the Roon Remote application, unless they are copied as local versions (but still retaining the Library version).

All in all, it has taken about 2-months of work to recover from the corrupt database which halted operation of the B880 release.

I am making sure I backup regularly and in fact I am maintaining the database image over 2 ROCK servers, so I have an operational backup of my Roon Core incase a future Roon throws in new problems as half of the 1.8 releases have done.

1 Like