Deleting Albums in Library

When I go to Edit > Album Options > Your Files > Delete Album as in the above screenshot, it does NOT delete the files from my hard drive. This is on ROCK with internal storage. I prefer it, but is this something to worry about?

Are you saying the music tracks still appear in the file folder? Keep in mind Roon doesn’t delete the folder that contains the tracks (nor any picture or PDF files).

1 Like

My mistake, it was late, sorry for bothering! The albums were in my library with two versions, one ripped and the one from Qobuz. Apparently the first delete removes the Qobuz version and the second delete removes the files. Good to know, and could be implemented more safely with two separate delete buttons, it’s not ideal that the same action has two rather different outcomes, one being potentially destructive.

You delete the one that you have on screen at the time. By default the “primary” will show if you have more than one.
Select which one you want to be primary from the versions tab.

Yes I understood that now, I’m still finding my way around Roon after day 5, and this is one piece that could be designed better. But I can live with it now that I know. Thanks

There are LOTS of odd things :smiley:

I guess I will find them (merging artists is another), but on the whole Roon is wonderful and everything else out there is not even in the same league. Loving it

2 Likes

I’m still learning things about Roon after 4 years! :grin:

2 Likes