Difficutly installing Roon 1.7 on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS using WineHQ

Your console output just shows the normal and expected warnings.

Omitting the the -q option as you did should actually open the original (graphical) .NET installer for any of the many .NET versions that’s going to be installed and you have to click your way through any of these. So this is a good test to see if the installation is actually working. Didn’t they show up? Can you see the configuration window if you execute the following command in a console window?

env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine/my_roon_instance wine winecfg

NOTE: The $HOME variable is most likely not defined outside of roon-on-wine.sh. You should replace it with the usual ~. I was wrong about this, $HOME is defined.

I only know that Wine may complain about a missing mono installation. I don’t know for what reason part of the current roon-on-wine script should complain about .NET 4.5.0.

What desktop are you using? Is there anything special about your setup (for e.g. dual monitor, virtual desktop) that might open the windows somewhere else outside your actual view?

I actually saw all those windows and clicked through them.

@BlackJack I’m going to do this whole install process again to provide more information.

sudo apt install --install-recommends winehq-stable

I input my password and get notified of 562MB needed to complete the install. I hit y and the process begins. After roughly a minute, Wine is installed:

$ which wine
/usr/bin/wine

Next, I run the update_winetricks.sh script and confirm all is correct upon completion:

$ which winetricks 
/usr/bin/winetricks

I can run wine, winecfg, and winetricks from the command line with no problems. I run winecfg and confirm that it’s set to Windows 7. I hit “OK,” the window closes, and the process completes in the terminal window.

Then, I cd into the roon-on-wine directory and run install.sh. For the record, roon-on-wine doesn’t complain about 4.5, the Roon installer itself does. Anyway, there is a ton of output in the terminal and the little Wine window stating that the configuration is being updated and it could take a while appears.

$ ./install.sh 
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/username/my_roon_instance'
0009:err:file:init_redirects cannot open L"C:\\windows" (c000000f)
0012:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0010:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0012:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0012:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}
0012:err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
0012:err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 80004002
0012:err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 80004002
0014:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0014:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0014:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}
0014:err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
0014:err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 80004002
0014:err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 80004002
000b:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0017:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0017:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0017:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0019:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0017:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0017:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
001b:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
001b:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
001b:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
001b:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0010:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0010:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6dbd1518
001d:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x69ebd3de, context 0x9665c0, init_notify 0, handle 0x125fa10): stub
0034:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
003f:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0041:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0041:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0041:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0041:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
003f:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
003f:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6d5d3018
0043:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x6a0cb608, context 0x8d88c8, init_notify 0, handle 0x111fc88): stub
005a:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
wine: configuration in '/home/username/my_roon_instance' has been updated.
------------------------------------------------------
You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Using winetricks 20190912-next - sha256sum: 186871147cef536fa5bf38d57605b87057dafa14cba9f9f5b83aba71e6aac542 with wine-4.0.3 and WINEARCH=win64
Executing w_do_call dotnet472
You are using a 64-bit WINEPREFIX. Note that many verbs only install 32-bit versions of packages. If you encounter problems, please retest in a clean 32-bit WINEPREFIX before reporting a bug.
Executing load_dotnet472 
This package (dotnet472) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Current Wine does not have Wine bug 42170, so not applying workaround
Executing w_do_call remove_mono
Executing load_remove_mono 
0046:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0044:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0044:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0044:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0044:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
Working around wine bug 34803 
reg: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value
Executing rm -f /home/username/my_roon_instance/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/mscoree.dll
Executing rm -f /home/username/my_roon_instance/dosdevices/c:/windows/syswow64/mscoree.dll
Executing w_do_call dotnet462
Executing load_dotnet462 
This package (dotnet462) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Mono does not appear to be installed.
Executing w_do_call dotnet461
Executing load_dotnet461 
This package (dotnet461) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Executing w_do_call dotnet46
Executing load_dotnet46 
This package (dotnet46) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Executing w_do_call dotnet45
Executing load_dotnet45 
This package (dotnet45) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
0091:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
008f:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.

At this point, the Roon installer wizard has opened and when I click to continue the installation, this is what I get:

Screenshot%20from%202019-11-29%2012-28-37

If I hit Cancel, the prompt disappears and the Wizard updates to:

Screenshot%20from%202019-11-29%2012-31-30

And that’s that. I have to cancel the full install and run install.sh again. The entire same process happens again exactly as described above and this time, I hit “OK” when prompted about .NET 4.5 and it proceeds to install. Allegedly. But I never had the separate .NET installer wizard show up and prompt me to allow it to continue like I did 5 days ago.

So now, the Roon installer has completed. I click “Next” on its installer wizard and am at the final screen with the checkbox allowing Roon to start after clicking “Finish.” With that box checked, I click “Finish” and the wizard disappears. The terminal updates with these three lines:

$ 0030:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0030:fixme:mscoree:parse_probing privatePath=L"100700505" not implemented
0030:err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed

And then hangs. The process is still running but nothing ever happens. I kill it with a ctrl + c and then run ./start_my_roon_instance.sh:

$ ./start_my_roon_instance.sh 
0012:fixme:wer:WerSetFlags (2) stub!
0012:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0016:fixme:service:svcctl_ChangeServiceConfig2W SERVICE_CONFIG_FAILURE_ACTIONS not implemented: period 86400 msg (null) cmd (null)
0019:fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
0019:err:winediag:CorIsLatestSvc If this function is called, it is likely the result of a broken .NET installation
0019:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime Optimization Service"): stub
0019:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x0000044f,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x73f9fc,(nil)): stub
0019:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L".NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Tried to start a service that wasn't the latest version of CLR Optimization service. Will shutdown\n"
0019:fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
0014:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
000d:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
001c:fixme:wer:WerSetFlags (2) stub!
001c:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0017:fixme:service:svcctl_ChangeServiceConfig2W SERVICE_CONFIG_FAILURE_ACTIONS not implemented: period 86400 msg (null) cmd (null)
0023:fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
0023:err:winediag:CorIsLatestSvc If this function is called, it is likely the result of a broken .NET installation
0023:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime Optimization Service"): stub
0023:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x0000044f,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x5df740,(nil)): stub
0023:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L".NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - Tried to start a service that wasn't the latest version of CLR Optimization service. Will shutdown\n"
0023:fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
0037:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0037:fixme:mscoree:parse_probing privatePath=L"100700505" not implemented
0037:err:mscoree:CLRRuntimeInfo_GetRuntimeHost Wine Mono is not installed

Despite “installing” during the Roon install wizard, no .NET framework can be found or it’s broken according to the messages I see in there.

When I last got this working in the other thread, I went through the full .NET Framework installer wizard, clicking a number of “continue” buttons and it took a couple minutes to install. Then Roon was installed separately and without issue.

That has not happened again. I never see that sky-blue .NET splash screen/installer and cannot manually install any version of this, including the not-good-enough 4.5.0. I do have an external monitor but no windows appear anywhere. This isn’t an issue of a process hanging and refusing to complete because of a lack of input from me to allow it to complete; the issue is that I can’t seem to run a .NET framework installer period any longer.

I never before saw this message from the Roon installer before. Are you using the current roon-on-wine.sh script as is or something else?

Looks like the additional .NET installation might have broken something.

err:winediag:CorIsLatestSvc If this function is called, it is likely the result of a broken .NET installation
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime Optimization Service"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x0000044f,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x73f9fc,(nil)): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L".NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_32) - Tried to start a service that wasn't the latest version of CLR Optimization service. Will shutdown\n"

Also, as Roon requires a working OpenGL 3.0 support, what’s your graphics card?

err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.

Have you ever considered using the Nouveau driver instead? As I don’t have a system with NVIDIA graphics card, I don’t know if this really matters.

Yes, I downloaded the roon-on-wine master branch .zip from the Github repo this morning and changed nothing about it before attempting to do any of this.

My graphics card is an NVIDIA Quadro P2000 4GB and my understanding about that error message after searching for it a while back and freaking out at first is that it doesn’t really matter at all.

No version of .NET framework is ever being installed at this point, at least not obviously. No wizard ever happens and you’ve seen the messages I get now. I’m truly baffled by this and it doesn’t seem there’s any fix for it because nothing I do changes the outcome. I’ve removed everything I can for wine manually after each attempt to start over fresh but something is causing this to fail spectacularly every single time after working perfectly just 5 days ago.

This worked for me on Arch Linux 64 bit.

Using roon-on-wine script hosted here:

all you need to do is edit install.sh to download the 64 bit Roon client and change line 44 to the following:

env WINEPREFIX=$PREFIX winetricks -q dotnet452

I’m using an Nvidia card and LXDE as desktop.

I assume this includes deleting the WINEPREFIX directory.

A manual installation in a new WINEPREFIX on my system still works.

env WINEPREFIX=~/.Test wine wineboot &> wineboot_log.txt

grafik

Here I chose to abort the installation of the wine-mono package.

wineboot_log.txt
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/daniel/.Test'
0009:err:file:init_redirects cannot open L"C:\\windows" (c000000f)
0012:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0012:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}
0012:err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
0012:err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 80004002
0012:err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 80004002
0014:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {00000131-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0014:err:ole:marshal_object couldn't get IPSFactory buffer for interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}
0014:err:ole:StdMarshalImpl_MarshalInterface Failed to create ifstub, hres=0x80004002
0014:err:ole:CoMarshalInterface Failed to marshal the interface {6d5140c1-7436-11ce-8034-00aa006009fa}, 80004002
0014:err:ole:get_local_server_stream Failed: 80004002
0019:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0019:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0019:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0019:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0010:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0010:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6dbd1518
001b:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x69ebd3de, context 0x966590, init_notify 0, handle 0x125fa10): stub
0037:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0037:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0037:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0037:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0035:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0035:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x6d5d3018
0039:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x6a0cb608, context 0x8d8878, init_notify 0, handle 0x111fc88): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/daniel/.Test' has been updated.

env WINEPREFIX=~/.Test winetricks -q dotnet472 &> winetricks_log.txt

With the -q so I don’t have to click through all those installers. :smiley:

winetricks_log.txt
Using winetricks 20190912-next - sha256sum: 16246aa6b49a2a0b0231a145fedaa0d6f5c9261e380fe5df7e54944f0fed52cd with wine-4.0.3 and WINEARCH=win64
Executing w_do_call dotnet472
Executing load_dotnet472 
This package (dotnet472) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Current Wine does not have Wine bug 42170, so not applying workaround
Executing w_do_call dotnet462
Executing load_dotnet462 
This package (dotnet462) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Executing w_do_call dotnet461
Executing load_dotnet461 
This package (dotnet461) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Executing w_do_call dotnet46
Executing load_dotnet46 
This package (dotnet46) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Executing w_do_call dotnet45
Executing load_dotnet45 
This package (dotnet45) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
Executing w_do_call dotnet40
Executing load_dotnet40 
This package (dotnet40) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
dotnet40 does not yet fully work or install on wine.  Caveat emptor.
Current Wine does not have Wine bug 42701, so not applying workaround
Executing w_do_call winxp
Executing load_winxp 
Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich abgeschlossen
Setting Windows version to winxp
Executing wine regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\set-winver.reg
Executing wine64 regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\set-winver.reg
Running /usr/bin/wineserver -w. This will hang until all wine processes in prefix=/home/daniel/.Test terminate
Executing cd /home/daniel/.cache/winetricks/dotnet40
0009:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0009:fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (3): stub
0009:fixme:clusapi:OpenCluster ((null)) stub!
0009:fixme:clusapi:ClusterOpenEnum (0xdeadbeef, 4) stub!
0009:fixme:clusapi:ClusterEnum (0xdeadbeef, 0, 0x33f8b0, 0x13dad8, 261) stub!
0009:fixme:clusapi:ClusterCloseEnum (0xdeadbeef) stub!
0009:fixme:clusapi:CloseCluster (0xdeadbeef) stub!
0009:fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\\", 00000000): stub
Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\netfx_Core_x64.msi...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\netfx_Core_x86.msi...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\netfx_Extended_x64.msi...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\netfx_Extended_x86.msi...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\RGB9RAST_x64.msi...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\RGB9Rast_x86.msi...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\header.bmp...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\SplashScreen.bmp...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\watermark.bmp...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\DisplayIcon.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Print.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate1.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate2.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate3.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate4.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate5.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate6.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate7.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Rotate8.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Save.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\Setup.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\stop.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\SysReqMet.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\SysReqNotMet.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Graphics\warn.ico...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1033\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1042\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1041\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1037\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1025\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1035\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1030\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1044\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1043\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1040\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1029\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1031\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1036\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1032\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1038\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\2052\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1028\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\3076\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1055\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1053\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\3082\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\2070\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1046\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1049\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1045\LocalizedData.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Client\Parameterinfo.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Extended\Parameterinfo.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\ParameterInfo.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Strings.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\UiInfo.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Client\UiInfo.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Extended\UiInfo.xml...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\SetupUi.xsd...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\DHtmlHeader.html...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1033\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1025\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1028\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1030\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1031\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1029\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1036\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1035\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1032\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1038\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1037\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1040\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1041\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1042\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1044\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1043\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1046\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1045\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1055\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1053\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\2052\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1049\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\3082\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\2070\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\3076\eula.rtf...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Setup.exe...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\SetupUtility.exe...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\SetupEngine.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1025\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1033\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1029\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1030\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1035\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1031\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1036\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1032\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1028\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\2052\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\3076\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1042\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1041\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1037\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1044\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1053\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1055\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1040\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1045\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1046\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1049\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1038\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\2070\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\3082\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\1043\SetupResources.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\SetupUi.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\sqmapi.dll...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Windows6.0-KB956250-v6001-x64.msu...

Preparing: C:\2709c90e958bc096aa41430574756d75\Windows6.0002d:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
002d:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW (0x6cd15f38, 0x6cd20180, {e2821408-c59d-418f-ad3f-aa4e792aeb79}, 1, 0x33ea00, (null), (null), 0x6cd20188): stub
002d:fixme:ntdll:EtwRegisterTraceGuidsW   register trace class {e2821408-c59d-418f-ad3f-aa4e792aeb79}
002d:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
002d:fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
002d:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
002d:fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x33fbb8): stub
002d:fixme:advapi:LsaOpenPolicy ((null),0x33f4a4,0x00000001,0x33f498) stub
002d:fixme:advapi:GetWindowsAccountDomainSid (0x33f414 0x1becb4 0x33f410): semi-stub
002d:fixme:secur32:GetComputerObjectNameW NameFormat 7 not implemented
002d:fixme:advapi:LsaClose (0xcafe) stub
002e:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
002f:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0034:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x370000 0 0x35f370 4 stub
003e:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x480000 0 0x46f370 4 stub
0037:fixme:msi:ACTION_CustomAction msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware not handled
0036:fixme:msi:ACTION_CustomAction msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware not handled
0042:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x480000 0 0x35f370 4 stub
002f:fixme:msi:ACTION_CustomAction msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware not handled
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\clr.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\diasymreader.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\syswow64\\mscoree.dll", "C:\\windows\\syswow64\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscoreei.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\syswow64\\msvcr100_clr0400.dll", "C:\\windows\\syswow64\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\clrjit.dll", "", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorpe.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorpehost.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\vbc.exe", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\clr.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\diasymreader.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\system32\\mscoree.dll", "C:\\windows\\system32\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscoreei.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\system32\\msvcr100_clr0400.dll", "C:\\windows\\system32\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\clrjit.dll", "", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorpe.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscorpehost.dll", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
002f:fixme:imagehlp:BindImageEx (0, "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\vbc.exe", "C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\", (null), (nil)): stub
0054:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x480000 0 0x46f370 4 stub
0058:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x480000 0 0x35f370 4 stub
005a:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x480000 0 0x46f370 4 stub

And so on and on and on … the winetricks_log.txt is 2.1 MB.

env WINEPREFIX=~/.Test wine ~/Downloads/RoonInstaller64.exe &> RoonInstaller64_log.txt

grafik

grafik

grafik

RoonInstaller64_log.txt
0012:fixme:reg:GetEnabledXStateFeatures 
0019:fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
0019:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x993780, 0x9e1b20, 0x9e1b38) stub.
0019:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x973109, 28) stub
001c:fixme:reg:GetEnabledXStateFeatures 
001c:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23e830 4 stub
0022:fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
0022:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x8383e0, 0x8affa0, 0x8affc0) stub.
0022:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x8863bd, 28) stub
0019:fixme:service:QueryServiceConfig2W Level 6 not implemented
0022:fixme:service:QueryServiceConfig2W Level 6 not implemented
001c:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventUnregister (deadbeef) stub.
0012:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventUnregister (deadbeef) stub.

env WINEPREFIX=~/.Test wine C:\\users\\daniel\\Local\ Settings\\Application\ Data\\Roon\\Application\\Roon.exe &> run_Roon_log.txt

run_Roon_log.txt
0012:fixme:reg:GetEnabledXStateFeatures 
0019:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x993780, 0x9e1b20, 0x9e1b38) stub.
0019:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x973109, 28) stub
001c:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x240000 0 0x23e830 4 stub
0022:fixme:process:SetProcessShutdownParameters (00000380, 00000000): partial stub.
0022:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x8383e0, 0x8affa0, 0x8affc0) stub.
0022:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x8863bd, 28) stub
0036:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x540000 0 0x53e830 4 stub
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x1800183e0, 0x18008ffa0, 0x18008ffc0) stub.
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x1800663bd, 28) stub
0036:fixme:reg:GetEnabledXStateFeatures 
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0xc7eff0, 0x10af240, 0x10af260) stub.
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0xead83c, 28) stub
0036:fixme:kernelbase:QuirkIsEnabled3 (0x53f120, 0xffffffff) stub!
0036:fixme:process:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber (0x53f998): semi-stub
0036:fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x53f960): stub
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({e13c0d23-ccbc-4e12-931b-d9cc2eee27e4}, 0xb94350, 0x10a40d0, 0x10b2d78) stub.
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({763fd754-7086-4dfe-95eb-c01a46faf4ca}, 0xb94350, 0x10a4890, 0x10a4e68) stub.
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({a669021c-c450-4609-a035-5af59af4df18}, 0xb94350, 0x10b1570, 0x10b2d88) stub.
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({cc2bcbba-16b6-4cf3-8990-d74c2e8af500}, 0xb94350, 0x10a4220, 0x10b2d90) stub.
0036:fixme:wer:WerRegisterRuntimeExceptionModule (L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscordacwks.dll", 0x760000) stub!
0038:err:ole:CoGetContextToken apartment not initialised
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x1aa12bc0, 0x1aa3b8a0, 0x1aa3b8c0) stub.
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x1aa27e91, 28) stub
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xb5118 0x53a140 0x53ab30 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xb53f0 0x53a8a0 0x53b290 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xb53f0 0x53a8a0 0x53b290 (nil)
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Roon.Client.Models"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"RoonBase"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Core"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Base"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"RoonApp"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"BrooEngine"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Broker.Messages.Core"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Roon.Messages"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Metadata.Messages"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Roon.Storage.Core"
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xc71b8 0x539010 0x539a00 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xe6130 0x539770 0x53a160 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xe6130 0x539770 0x53a160 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xda678 0x537160 0x537b50 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xda678 0x5378c0 0x5382b0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xda678 0x5378c0 0x5382b0 (nil)
0036:fixme:nls:LocaleNameToLCID unsupported flags 8000000
0036:fixme:nls:LCIDToLocaleName unsupported flags 8000000
0036:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x8 0x539370 (nil) 0x539374) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0036:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x8 0x539370 0xb51d0 0x539374) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0036:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0x53a4a0, 0xec770, 0x53a4a8, 0x53a498
0036:fixme:nls:GetFileMUIPath stub: 0x10, L"C:\\windows\\system32\\tzres.dll", (null), 0x53a4a0, 0xec770, 0x53a4a8, 0x53a498
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xec0d0 0x5395d0 0x539fc0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xc71d8 0x539d30 0x53a720 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xc71d8 0x539d30 0x53a720 (nil)
0036:fixme:bcrypt:BCryptGetFipsAlgorithmMode 0x53db90 - semi-stub
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xe0cc8 0x53a2f0 0x53ace0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xe0ca0 0x53aa50 0x53b440 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xe0ca0 0x53aa50 0x53b440 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xe0d80 0x53abb0 0x53b5a0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xe0d80 0x53b310 0x53bd00 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xe0d80 0x53b310 0x53bd00 (nil)
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
0036:fixme:mfplat:MFStartup (131184, 0): stub
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xd3f28 0x5396d0 0x53a0c0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xd5148 0x539e30 0x53a820 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xd5148 0x539e30 0x53a820 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xe41f0 0x539d50 0x53a740 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xe41f0 0x53a4b0 0x53aea0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0xe41f0 0x53a4b0 0x53aea0 (nil)
0036:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({8e9f5090-2d75-4d03-8a81-e5afbf85daf1}, 0x1c1e083c, (nil), 0x1a82cf8) stub.
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xfb118 0x538f90 0x539980 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x100760 0x5396f0 0x53a0e0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x100760 0x5396f0 0x53a0e0 (nil)
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LevelDb.Database"
0039:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0x1022e8 0x1c8eab00 0x1c8eb4f0 (nil)
0039:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x1022c0 0x1c8eb260 0x1c8ebc50 (nil)
0039:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x1022c0 0x1c8eb260 0x1c8ebc50 (nil)
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Accessibility"
0039:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Roon.Broker.Api"
0039:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Roon.Broker.Core"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Broo.Runtime"
0039:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0x1ce2d708 0x1c8ea7d0 0x1c8eb1c0 (nil)
0039:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0x1ce2a788 0x1c8eaf30 0x1c8eb920 (nil)
0039:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0x1ce2a788 0x1c8eaf30 0x1c8eb920 (nil)
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {b196b283-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {af86e2e0-b12d-4c6a-9c5a-d7aa65101e90}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {ecc8691b-c1db-4dc0-855e-65f6c551af49}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {94ea2b94-e9cc-49e0-c0ff-ee64ca8f5b90}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {b196b283-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {af86e2e0-b12d-4c6a-9c5a-d7aa65101e90}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {ecc8691b-c1db-4dc0-855e-65f6c551af49}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {94ea2b94-e9cc-49e0-c0ff-ee64ca8f5b90}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
0036:fixme:olepicture:OLEPictureImpl_QueryInterface () : asking for unsupported interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
003c:fixme:gdiplus:GdipCreateHalftonePalette stub
0040:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x540000 0 0x53e830 4 stub
003d:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x1800183e0, 0x18008ffa0, 0x18008ffc0) stub.
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x1800663bd, 28) stub
003d:err:winsock:WSAIoctl -> SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_CHANGE request failed with status 0x2733
0040:fixme:reg:GetEnabledXStateFeatures 
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0xc7eff0, 0x10af240, 0x10af260) stub.
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0xead83c, 28) stub
0040:fixme:kernelbase:QuirkIsEnabled3 (0x53f120, 0xffffffff) stub!
0040:fixme:process:GetNumaHighestNodeNumber (0x53f998): semi-stub
0040:fixme:thread:SetThreadStackGuarantee (0x53f960): stub
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({e13c0d23-ccbc-4e12-931b-d9cc2eee27e4}, 0xb94350, 0x10a40d0, 0x10b2d78) stub.
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({763fd754-7086-4dfe-95eb-c01a46faf4ca}, 0xb94350, 0x10a4890, 0x10a4e68) stub.
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({a669021c-c450-4609-a035-5af59af4df18}, 0xb94350, 0x10b1570, 0x10b2d88) stub.
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({cc2bcbba-16b6-4cf3-8990-d74c2e8af500}, 0xb94350, 0x10a4220, 0x10b2d90) stub.
0040:fixme:wer:WerRegisterRuntimeExceptionModule (L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\mscordacwks.dll", 0x760000) stub!
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L""
0046:fixme:sync:SetWaitableTimerEx (0x3b0, 0x1f34fca0, 500, (nil), (nil), (nil), 50) semi-stub
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Fontagoo"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Noto"
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventRegister ({319dc449-ada5-50f7-428e-957db6791668}, 0x1a9f2bc0, 0x1aa1b8a0, 0x1aa1b8c0) stub.
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 0x1aa07e91, 28) stub
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0x1ce1cad8 0x537ca0 0x538690 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x1ce43850 0x538400 0x538df0 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x1ce43850 0x538400 0x538df0 (nil)
0040:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0xa7a78 0x53a140 0x53ab30 (nil)
0040:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xa8070 0x53a8a0 0x53b290 (nil)
0040:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0xa8070 0x53a8a0 0x53b290 (nil)
0040:fixme:nls:LocaleNameToLCID unsupported flags 8000000
0040:fixme:nls:LCIDToLocaleName unsupported flags 8000000
0045:fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
0040:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x8 0x53da10 (nil) 0x53da14) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0040:fixme:nls:get_dummy_preferred_ui_language (0x8 0x53da10 0xa86f0 0x53da14) returning a dummy value (current locale)
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.ValueTuple"
0038:fixme:ole:Context_CC_ContextCallback (0xfb160/0xfb168)->(0xc3e910, 0x1a27f7a8, {d7174f82-36b8-4aa8-800a-e963ab2dfab9}, 2, (nil))
0038:fixme:ole:Context_CC_ContextCallback (0xfb160/0xfb168)->(0xc3e910, 0x1a27f6a8, {d7174f82-36b8-4aa8-800a-e963ab2dfab9}, 2, (nil))
0038:fixme:ole:Context_CC_ContextCallback (0xfb160/0xfb168)->(0xc3e910, 0x1a27f6a8, {d7174f82-36b8-4aa8-800a-e963ab2dfab9}, 2, (nil))
0040:fixme:process:FlushProcessWriteBuffers : stub
0040:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventUnregister (deadbeef) stub.
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Cola"
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Roon.Http"
0039:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Management"
003e:fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoEx (L"de-CH", 1, (nil), 0x20000030, (nil), 0, 0x1c5ab10): semi-stub
003e:fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 2
003e:fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 4
003e:fixme:time:GetCalendarInfoW Unimplemented caltype 57
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 4 0x1cebe8e8 0x53a630 0x53b020 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x1cec1540 0x53ad90 0x53b780 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 3 0x1cec1540 0x53ad90 0x53b780 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0x1cec2828 0x53bb10 0x53c500 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0x1cec2828 0x53c270 0x53cc60 (nil)
0036:fixme:combase:RoGetParameterizedTypeInstanceIID stub: 2 0x1cec2828 0x53c270 0x53cc60 (nil)
0039:fixme:ole:Context_QueryInterface interface not implemented {51372ae0-cae7-11cf-be81-00aa00a2fa25}
0036:fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Imagoo"
0039:fixme:nls:LCMapStringEx unsupported lparam d96a0
0039:fixme:wmiutils:wmiutils_cf_QueryInterface interface {b196b28f-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07} not implemented
0039:fixme:wmiutils:path_QueryInterface interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4} not implemented
0039:fixme:wmiutils:path_QueryInterface interface {af86e2e0-b12d-4c6a-9c5a-d7aa65101e90} not implemented
0039:fixme:wmiutils:path_QueryInterface interface {ecc8691b-c1db-4dc0-855e-65f6c551af49} not implemented
0039:fixme:wmiutils:path_QueryInterface interface {94ea2b94-e9cc-49e0-c0ff-ee64ca8f5b90} not implemented
0039:fixme:wmiutils:path_QueryInterface interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} not implemented
0039:fixme:wmiutils:path_QueryInterface interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} not implemented
0039:fixme:ole:Context_QueryInterface interface not implemented {51372ae0-cae7-11cf-be81-00aa00a2fa25}
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbemprox_cf_QueryInterface interface {b196b28f-bab4-101a-b69c-00aa00341d07} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_QueryInterface interface {c3fcc19e-a970-11d2-8b5a-00a0c9b7c9c4} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_QueryInterface interface {af86e2e0-b12d-4c6a-9c5a-d7aa65101e90} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_QueryInterface interface {ecc8691b-c1db-4dc0-855e-65f6c551af49} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_QueryInterface interface {94ea2b94-e9cc-49e0-c0ff-ee64ca8f5b90} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_QueryInterface interface {00000003-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_QueryInterface interface {00000144-0000-0000-c000-000000000046} not implemented
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer authentication not supported
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer specific locale not supported
0039:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
0039:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_QueryBlanket 
0039:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release 0x7f97e1f882a0
0039:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket 0x7f97e1f882a0, 0x1ced1aa0, 4294967295, 0, L"<COLE_DEFAULT_PRINCIPAL>", 2, 3, (nil), 0x00000020

And so on and on and on … the run_Roon_log.txt is 62.4 kB.

Yup, none of that ever happens. I just get the lines about the attempts to install each version and then the process dies without ever installing. In the messages above where I pasted in all of those lines, i.e.:

Executing load_dotnet40 
This package (dotnet40) may not fully work on a 64-bit installation. 32-bit prefixes may work better.
dotnet40 does not yet fully work or install on wine.  Caveat emptor.
Current Wine does not have Wine bug 42701, so not applying workaround
Executing w_do_call winxp

Wherever my blocks ended is where the process ended. You have a ton of additional lines after all that stuff showing that something is happening. That never happens for me. .NET Framework WILL NOT install. No version of it will. It simply attempts all those other versions and then dies. That’s why the Roon installer prompts me to install 4.5 before installing Roon because there is no .NET Framework available. That’s never happened until I removed the previously working versions of Wine and Winetricks and installed the official way from each’s website (not from apt).

I thought about attempting to do this again using the versions of Wine and Winetricks that apt installs since that has worked for me every time, but this is also way more of a hassle than it should be and I’m quickly losing any interest in wasting more hours on this.

EDIT: I went ahead and did it…I removed Wine again, manually removed ~/my_roon_instance, ~/.wine, and /usr/bin/winetricks, installed the latest stable Wine from apt, installed Winetricks from apt, and then ran install.sh and it completed successfully without prompting me to install the .NET Framework. However, running start_my_roon_instance.sh results in:

$ ./start_my_roon_instance.sh 
0034:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0032:err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
0032:fixme:mscoree:parse_probing privatePath=L"100700505" not implemented

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Sooloos.Application+<>c__DisplayClass3_0:prop_selectedlang' (1) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'RoonBase, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:RoonBase, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:<none>
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'Sooloos.Application+<>c__DisplayClass3_0:prop_selectedlang' (1) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'RoonBase, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:RoonBase, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:<none>

I’m going to restart and see if that fixes this is and if not, I’m done wasting my time with this.

EDIT 2: post-restart, same exact thing is happening. I’m done. Hopefully the Fire HD 10 (2019) I ordered yesterday can act as a decent Roon remote.

EDIT 3: I couldn’t leave it alone. I wiped everything out again, I installed winetricks through apt, then ran the update_winetricks.sh script. Then I went back to this post since it always seems to work for me

and attempted to install 4.7.2. I got some weird messages about it not being a valid package and I did…something that ultimately started working (I honestly cannot remember what I did at this point). I output the same garbage about mono not being installed, trying each lesser version than the one I put in before finally opening the .NET Framework wizard with the sky blue splash screen to install a version of it. I went through the installation which completed successfully and then was asked to install 4.5. Since I wanted 4.7.2, I canceled this, thinking I’d already installed it. Now, I think I know what happened:

It attempted to install each version but since I had none in there, it went to 4.0 and installed that. Then went to 4.5 to install that. The second time through, I allowed the 4.5 installer to run. Once that completed successfully, I got a message about needing to restart the computer or programs requiring the .NET Framework would not work properly. I allowed the restart and after about 20 seconds, a new installer opened with a purple splash screen and this, I saw, was for 4.6.0. Went through this installer, got prompted to restart, agreed, a new purple splash-screen installer for 4.6.1 opened. That completed, restarted, and then a 4.6.2 installer opened. That completed, restarted and now I’m finally installing 4.7.2.

4.7.2 installed no problem so I proceeded to install the latest RoonInstaller.exe file. It completed in less than 10 seconds and opened from the wizard completion screen. I’ve found my core and have connected.

I truly do not understand what the hell happened here.

1 Like

I’ve played with this a bit more. Every time it crashes, it appears to be pulling up a previously uncached album cover or artist image. I suspect there’s a background thread pulling those images that is not properly synchronized.

Update: It occurs to me that I’m running an AMD Ryzen processor. Maybe there’s a Wine difference between Intel and AMD processors.

Update: Like this: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.4-UMIP-Spoofing

My attemps to install this in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS took my good couple of hours. But I did it at the end.

First I have tried Roon on Wine with Ubuntu’s Wine 3.x. Installation went OK but Roon failed during startup with weird errors I was not able to resolve.
Then I tried the steps here. With similar results.

Then I cleaned everything related to wine* and winetricks* and installed 5.x from winehq. Of course it needed too the damn faudio package from opensuse.org.

With the new Wine 5.x the Roon-on-Wine script installed everything (directory has 2,5GB) and it took him more than 10 minutes. After that Roon 1.7 64-bit started to work.

1 Like