Do router and ethernet cables affect sound quality?

I agree with @James_I that stuff like @StereJo 's coffee maker is just plain funny and that there is nothing wrong with that.

I have posted some stuff in this thread that is just meant to be funny, like jitter correcting shrink tube. If you can’t joke about something, you probably take things too seriously.

2 Likes

This is mine. Don’t laugh, it works.

1 Like

Excellent placement … not to close to the wall to avoid those harsh low notes!

3 Likes

The sound stage is great.

2 Likes

I claim it with pride. It’s my true view of the folk you refer to and I’m entitled to it, just as everyone is entitled to disagree. @James_I, this reply isn’t aimed at you, just me owning it.

In the USA, we get more than enough name calling from the president. We don’t need that here, IMHO.

It’s no more name calling than objectivists and subjectivists. Pointless having discussion if we’re all to agree all the time and sing kumbaya.

Not saying that, Evan. At least not me.

Besides, the name calling in this thread has stayed within bounds as far as I’m concerned.

As for my lengthy musing, I just had to get that off my chest. I get tired of being written off as close minded in discussions where one side is either a genuinely convinced of something unproven, credulous, misled or makes money off the credulous and misled (though I don’t know if a seller of dubious tweaks has participated in this thread).

And on a side note, I know quite a few MD’s who believe in homeopathy. Go figure…

And do they use Structured Silver?

But I really want to take offense at something else. Comparing ruthless lying promoters to cockroaches is really an insult to cockroaches. And betrays a lack of understanding of the beasties. They are an amazingly engineered creature, able to withstand a wide array of insults both physical and environmental. They can even be deployed as service animals, as seen here.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/content/dam/news/photos/000/590/59047.ngsversion.1421960733008.adapt.1900.1.jpg

3 Likes

I can already see a problem with this. That capacitor is not electrically isolated from the roach’s head. There is going to be a lot of extraneous noise in that configuration.

2 Likes

Animal abuse.

One point of view comes with measurement data however.

Well we have the fact the Alex has yet to provide what DAC or Streamers they used to test with. So best Amir can do is connect a well regarded DAC. You have to remember that only highly resolving gear is capable of being influenced.

Here you go. Let me know what you think:

2 Likes

I think you might be missing the point…

I don’t think so but open to what you believe the point to be. The point I’m making is the manufacturer hasn’t told anyone what DAC’s or Streamers they developed against.

This has not been established. Furthermore, I think it would be more appropriate to say that if some gear is harmed by jitter in the Ethernet connection then that gear would be more aptly described as “flawed” or “faulty” and not “highly resolving.”

4 Likes

Sorry I didn’t wrap my statement in sarcasm markup. I totally agree with you.

Sorry… missed it… I’ll go and get another coffee…

And what does this mean? This always reads like a clichéd or contrived plot device to me.