Don't like the DSP function. Wait, what?

Thanks for sharing your view.
But what about room correction with other inputs than roon, e.g. TV/video? I prefer one solution for all thus, in-amp integration ;-).
As you described, in order to accomplish room correction with a software-only solution you need additional tools and a deeper understanding of what you are actually tweaking. I prefer an automatic measurement/calibration with optional manual tweaking.
And finally, I don’t like the idea of turning on a computer every time you want to listen to music ;-).

But, back to your experience ;-). Room correction is only one part. What about your experience with correcting your speakers’ frequency response and latency? I think this may be even more important than room correction alone.
Classical music usually benefits most from correcting frequency response that cannot be accomplished just by an equalizer.

I’m still very convinced of Audyssey here. Before I got new speakers, I used it with my old ones - approx. 25 years old and about 300$. The difference when using/measured with Audyssey is AMAZING!