DSP Enable lowers Sound Quality

Thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™m using Focus Fidelity convolution in Roon and Iā€™m extremely satisfied with it. Iā€™ve been using DRC since the pioneerā€™s age of the stand-alone TacT digital processors (2005), and after with Dirac software on PCs. Focus Fidelity, together with Roon is, in my opinion, by far the most straightforward and effective solution nowadays.

3 Likes

Interesting to hear! Thatā€™s also what many users are writing online who compared Dirac, REW etc
I also like FocusFidelity best and looking forward to see what @Focus_Fidelity is improving/coming up with next.

Hi Markus,

Improvements to the Impala measurement application followed by a Mac version (for Apple Silicon) of both Impala and the Filter Designer are next in the pipeline.

Cheers.

2 Likes

From what I understand it is always better to reduce frequencies rather than boost. I have experimented doing so and it works well. So if you want to effectively increase the high frequency balance try using a shelf filter to reduce everything else. Play around with the frequency selection for the shelf filter. This effectively increases the high frequency balance without boosting anything. FWIW

2 Likes

There is an interesting article / recommended reading at Focus Fidelity Filter Designer Room Correction Software - Positive Feedback