End point advice

Hi folks, I’m getting Roon set up in my system. So far I have a Mac mini running the core software. This is connected to a Hegel 160 and that’s it. I’ve seen people on YouTube saying that a better option would be to use a Raspberry Pi4 plugged into the Hegel and stream it wirelessly from the mini. Apparently this would negate any noise problems etc in the mini and give me other advantages which TBH I don’t understand!

Anyway, I’m not a nerd, far less a geek, and in fact I’m just a confused old man trying to make sense of all this stuff. Is this truly the best route for me to go down ? I don’t want to spend a lot and my budget is around £400 max but less would be really a lot more comfortable. Also it seems I need to put the pi together myself which sounds a bit daunting, and there’s the supply problem too. I have also heard about the I-fi Zen Stream which might be an alternative. What say you?

Are there other/better alternatives I should consider?

If I stream and get better results then I’m in. If that’s the case, simplicity would be great. If not then I will stick with what I have.

Thank you