Ethernet to Fiber media converters

I have thought about trying fiber optic, instead of the ethernet setup I am running today.

Currently, my Nuc runs to my router via ethernet, and from my router runs a 20m ethernet to my Lumin D2, that would be replaced by 20m fiber (and e.g. 2 FMC’s on each side of the fiber cable)
What kind of recommendations do you guys have, if I should try fiber optic setup? I can see @wklie have posted a lot in here and on AudioShark (Lumin X1 Fiber Optic Network Discussions), I’ve looked a bit on Lumins own site (LUMIN - Fibre Networking) but I’m not 100% certain on which Fiber Media Converter and cable to choose, to achieve best sound quality and reliability.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Based upon a review in Audiophile Style, I decided to introduce the Sonore opticalModule to my etherRegen switch. Made a substantial difference in SQ, at least IMHO. Here is a link to the review by Rajiv Arora, who also goes by the handle austinpop. It’s a comprehensive review.

3 Likes

A user said he went through two network reconfiguration and improved SQ each time by adopting fiber isolation:

1. NUC8i7BEH ROCK - AirPort Extreme - RJ45 of Lumin X1

2. NUC8i7BEH ROCK - AirPort Extreme - MC210CS FMC - (SC-LC fiber) - TL-SM311LS SFP - SFP port of Lumin X1

3. NUC8i7BEH ROCK - MC210CS FMC - (SC-LC fiber) - TL-SM311LS SFP - Cisco SG95-24 SFP switch - TL-SM311LS SFP - (LC-LC fiber) - TL-SM311LS SFP - SFP port of Lumin X1

1 Like