External SSD questions

Sorry - I don’t think I did that.

Torben, absolutely not my friend. That comment was in reference to mikeb and his posts. I guess I did make it seem otherwise. Aloha

Chill. It’s just banter.

All good here mate. Perfectly chill thank you. I just asked a question of the forum. Not looking for anything else than info. Aloha.
Oh and btw…. I did laugh out loud about the blacker blacks. So true dude🤪

1 Like

@Torben_Rick is on the money when he says:

There’s an awful lot of forum “noise” to work through to find the answers you’re looking for. But, I think it’s generally accepted that tweaks in the digital domain cannot affect the analog sound, beyond faithfully sending noughts and one’s to your DAC.

1 Like

I use a pair of RAID units attached to my Mac Mini/Roon Core, they contain HDD’s. One is 12TB the other is 8TB. My HiRes files are on the 12TB with my redbook files are on the 8TB.

It isn’t a cheap or foolproof system, but its the system i use to mitigate against catastrophic loss; i power them through a battery backed up system (just to up my nerdiness factor!).

I currently have a SanDisk 1TB on my Mac Mini M1 … works OK…but a warning…my desktop iMac had troubles with SanDisk. Apple escalated the issue to the highest level and eventually gave up. But the same issue was not present on my Macbook pro or the Mini.

I moved the Sandisk to the Mini and replaced it with a Samsung and a Crucial - both played nice with the Mac.

Speed is not an issue.