Fanless case for NUC

Interesting so see that this has been posted already to https://www.fanlesstech.com/ with a comment that temperature behavior is not the best. Interesting because I did not share the data but as well the environment the data was captured.

Here’s my fanless HDPlex, running 24/7 since 30 November 2017, obviously it’s not a NUC and I am running ROCK so it is unsupported. Occasionally after an update it doesn’t reboot and once I thought it had died but when I unplugged from the mains and restarted it, it was okay.

Since the roon core / server is running since almost 2 weeks w/o any issues or temperature warnings I worked on a small roon endpoint in a similar case. The back plate is designed and will arrive most likely next week which will allow to have an AMP (in my case I used a justboom amp) or an Audiophonics I-Sabre DAC to conect it to an external ampifier.

An internal power supply + wifi + filter is in design. So at the end you get a Roon Core , Roon Amp, Roon DAC all in a similar design.
Hope you like it.

2 Likes

Bit like my IQAudIO digiamp+ hat with LMPS and balanced headphone/speaker out

2 Likes

So mostly similar design as my roon server now the roon endpoint. The backplate can take an AMP or DAC or both.

From both cases I can build 5 sets. So if there is interest please text me.

Below direct comparison of the two cases.

1 Like

Hi how are you I would like a Caesar for my Intel nuci7 10th in silver