Favorite Jazz Christmas Albums

Definetely my preferred one. Give it a chance :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A few that are new-to-me and have been getting heavy rotation:

(Qobuz link: Open Qobuz)

(Tidal link: Jazzy Christmas by Henderson Trio on TIDAL)

(Qobuz link: Open Qobuz)

I will use this opportunity, as I do whenever I post to sharing threads like this, to point out how weak Roon’s sharing capabilities are. That sharing results in a tarted up screenshot and not a link(s) to streaming services (or other useful link to the album/artist/track/etc, as available), is just bad. It’s like giving a gift that the recipient can’t easily use except for some work on their part. As amazing as Roon is in almost every other way, this highlights how bad sharing continues to be.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Very true. If you haven’t already perhaps you can post this to the feature requests section of the Roon Community.

One thing I have discovered while adding all these wonderful holiday and Christmas to my Roon library is that many of them only have “jazz” as the genre. Since I use “focus” → “genre” → “holiday” to see all the holiday and Christmas recordings in my Roon library, these new additions were not showing up. To have them show up when using “focus” → “genre” → “holiday” one needs to edit each album and add “holiday” under “Genres”.
Screen shot:

1 Like

How on earth could we have forgotten these Christmas releases from Wynton Marsalis (unless otherwise noted they are available on Tidal and Qobuz)

Not on Tidal or Qobuz;

4 Likes

This has been a go to album for me and my wife for years!! Very good jazz fusion takes on some beautiful Christmas songs.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a happy new year!!

1 Like

Here’s a favourite of mine at this time of year:

5 Likes

Doesn’t appear to be available on Tidal or Qobuz but worth checking out nonetheless:

2 Likes

This is awesome! :ok_hand: Great music, performances, arrangements and amazing recording quality. And also very Christmassy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes