Flaming Lips - Zaireeka synchronization

Then you’re not grouping them correctly. In grouped Zones there is a single source track fed to all the Zones in the group.

Send reinforcements going on a little here.
Grouping won’t work as the purpose is to have four different tracks playing to the same time signature.
The band recorded a weird set of albums that can be played together in any sequence.
I think those with high technical skills or a recording studio will be ok. Joe public I’m not so sure.
See @killdozer simple instructions :exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

Seems to be someone on Bandcamp who has created a mix for people who want to hear the album without having to mix it themselves:

1 Like

Ah - OK, thanks - I hadn’t realised that the intention was to have four different sources playing simultaneously…

My plan is to queue up each of the 4 CDs on four endpoints, and then set an alarm using the Alarm Clock extension for each endpoint so they all start at the same time.

Haven’t done it yet, though. I’ve had my Zaireeka box set for many many years, and it’s always been fun to run it on whatever rag-tag collection of TVs, boomboxes, laptops… I once brought it to the office back when every desk in our cube farm had a CD drive and stereo speakers… That was such a fun day.

Was wondering if the streaming/download release of the album might revive this thread. Not tried this using a recent ffmpeg build but it’s pretty stable so it should still work.

I keep meaning to downmix each CD into mono then combine all four CDs as a quad mix using Audacity. So many projects, so little time!

Back in 2021, when we discussed this the first time round, I did end up creating a whole bunch of them with accompanying album covers. I have to confess that I haven’t listened to most of them yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes