Folder Browsing [Folder Browsing included in Build 1401]

People can choose.
Thats what many people don’t want to see. Many people want all the “new” features and informations that ROON has, but on the other hand want to keep the “older” ways like e.g. file browsing or a little bit of the famous iPod click wheel etc.

That’s impossible.
Because if you put all possible functions in one app it would be hard to handle for most users. ROON is a new way for music lovers to not only navigate our own music collections but offers an implementation of streaming services as if they were part of your own collection.

So, you can choose:

1. iTunes, JRiver for the old way
  2. Freeware/Shareware like Volumio for a more simple way (file browsing)
  3. Audirvana for great sonic performance but less innovative features
  4. ROON for sonic performance and a complete new way to experience your own AND new music.

The only way you can not have it is all these ways combined. I used iTunes for 6 years and Audirvana for 8 years. But ROON is better, at least for me.

So just make your choice, but please stop accusing ROON of all the BS.
Sven

Hi Sven,

Can I please apologise, I had no intention of accusing Roon of BS. Unfortunately I spent a while trying to meet a use case - and in the process read a lot of posts from folk frustrated trying to do the same. Naturally, I wanted to share how I managed it using the epic features in Roon to make it look just like folder browsing but better. Thank you for your reply , and sorry again for any offence caused. Matt

Hi Matt,
it wasn’t your post that bothered me. I just read the hole thing today and not post by post over all this time.

And tags are a mighty tool.

So this “sorry” is for you :wink:
Sven

Roon offer you a trick to implement folder browsing yourself.
Add on folder and bookmark/ tag it.
Remove the folder and add the next one, and so on.
Finally you of cause add all folder locations and you use focus to browse them.

Simple as that. Problem solved.

May be I’m missing something with Roon. I have digitalized years ago my old K7 and vinyl. They are on my NAS but they don’t have any tags. How can I find them in Roon since they have no metadata ? How can I retrieve them with Roon to listen to them ?
In such scenario, folder browsing would be a great addition IMHO.

Folder browsing isn’t going to happen. I would just tag them as a project, then get some great cover art in there and enjoy the music…

Folder Browsing has been added to the latest Early Access release.

Folder browsing has been added to Roon with Build 1401!
Read more details here.