Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

:laughing:

They are only not hungry when they are asleep!

1 Like

Not so fast there @Bernd_Kurte, you haven’t been around my crew… :rofl:

1 Like

Had my daughter’s dog yesterday (Indi - the full Liver Color on her back), along with a 5 month old pup (Gus) she is looking after while his owners are away. I must be getting old, because i can’t remember my 7 year old pair having that much energy. And as you can see from the second photo, they showed no respect for Osam from Tosca when we were trying to have a listening session.

20 Likes

Well, we adopted another one. We got Ash (Ashford G. Doggington) about a month ago from a local rescue. He was driven up from Oklahoma. He was pretty shell-shocked and scared when we got him, but he’s relaxing and opening up more every day. He’s a super quick study, and very sweet and gentle. He’s my walking partner and we are doing 3-5 miles each day exploring the lake and trails. The Corgi’s like him too.

Here is Ash in his native Australian orientation:

Corgis making sure I’m still working and earning more money for treats:

33 Likes

Beautiful Springtime Sunday here. Chooks are bawking-it-up around the garden, dust bathing and scratching around. Meanwhile Sid is in the suntrap just outside the kitchen looking rather handsome.

27 Likes

Sid is the best ever.

2 Likes

An unseasonably warm autumn doesn’t prevent Pip & Minx having the occasional cuddle :blush:

30 Likes

Fall relaxation.

26 Likes

The kids behind me were making hot dogs on an open fire… Thats the cause of interest! :slight_smile:

26 Likes

Madge joining me on the listening couch. She’s a sweet-natured little puss.

23 Likes

21 Likes

24 Likes

Those are two strays that showed up to my daughters house on Halloween night

1 Like

They are gorgeous.

Said it before, but it bears repeating: Your kids all seem to have great values and are the best type of compassionate people. Respect to you for guiding them.

We see a lot of black/dark cats go missing around Halloween for sad and selfish reasons not to do with the cats’ guardians either. Hope these two find happy endings whatever that might entail.

1 Like

These two photos have a back story: They are from a third daughter whose home is visited by two neighborhood cats that would rather be with her than their own home. So, she built them a heated cat house and other small structures for them to stay, visit for as long as they like. While she was putting up Halloween decorations, one climbed the ladder and onto her shoulders.

5 Likes

One reason I’m a big believer in dust covers. Saying they affect the sound is silly, what about the sound of the dust that falls on your record while it’s playing? Let alone the cat claw marks. I don’t like it when one of my cats decides to nap on the dust cover, but at least it’s not harmful.

My deck has a hinged acrylic lid which is removable. I always take the lid off when I’m using the deck otherwise it definitely degrades sound quality. I think this is because it resonates along with the sound waves produced by the speakers, the resonance is picked up by the cartridge, which sends it back through the speakers and around we go, ad infinitum.

That hasn’t been my experience.

Let’s not forget the topic here please…
There are plenty of vinyl threads for this discussion :grin:

6 Likes

These ears don’t hear much any more but sure are cute. Love having my office mate with me every day.

24 Likes