General questions on how to use Roon

I also like to mix songs and I also like playlists. I used to have lots of them with my former music app. I also have tagged my music files, but unfortunatelly Roon won’t read that. That’s ok, I will find the time to create new ones within Roon.

Roon reads common tags and can use its own, yours only or combine them. What tags are you wanting to use?

For example, my previous music app could read the “Rating” tag which I then used to rate the songs of my music collection. The app was also a tag editor. So changing the rating within the music app while listening to music also changed the Rating tag of the file. The idea was that all information stay with the music file to be able to read-out those information with other programms.

But it’s ok. I don’t mind re-doing my home work with Roon.

Roon doesn’t cater for track level ratings at all at this juncture.

Yeah, I noticed that and still am thinking about how to bypass that. On the other side, I maybe don’t need that any more and will organize my music and music listening different.

Roon’s tagging and bookmarking capabilities are pretty powerful for tagging and being able to instantly browse a subsection of your collection.

I’m looking forward working with it!

Just bought a pair of the latest BM6 model for a reasonable price. White ash with black front cloth, must be from 1989. Not that I had the money for it, but that was an offer, I couldn’t resist - now I’m broke (again). The guy I bought them from has a nice collection of B&Ms and also knows how to repair them, so they are revised with new capacitors, new ferro fluid, etc. That guy is into B&Ms since his youth and obviously really knows how to handle them. Can’t set them up now, as I’m not at home but can’t wait to plug them in :grinning:

1 Like

I think Cmd-A (Mac) or ctrl-A (windows) would select all albums then you can hit play.

1 Like

Congratulations on your BM6s! Please don’t forget to send us some photos in the “Showing (off) your Roon setup” thread when the speakers are in your listening room. Looking forward to some nice pics…:wink:

I will I will, as soon as it’s set-up!

1 Like

I’ve somehow made Roon play albums in shuffle mode rather than in order. How do I reset to play an entire album in order of track number?

When playing, there is the black bar on the bottom, with the skip/play/pause controls. If you are in shuffle mode, there is a blue shuffle symbol to the left of the artist and track names. You can’t click on it there, but click on the icon with the note, just to the right of the play controls. This takes you to the queue/now-playing Page. The blue shuffle icon is there, click on it to turn it off, it turns white.

1 Like

That did it. Thank you!

1 Like