Genesis (Rock Band) has other bands in it's Main Album list

Looking through the Main Albums of Genesis (all from streaming sources), there are a ton of recent-ish albums to other bands of the same name lumped in with the Collins/Gabriel crew. See below circled in yellow.

I’ve been reporting this kind of thing for over a year and have multiple examples in my library - Roon’s disambiguation / artist object identification and creation logic has serious bugs in it and I’ve provided step by step analysis that demonstrates a repeatable outcome in a clean install. It’s clearly more pervasive than I initially realised.

Yes, this happens. Interestingly, though, I think it changes. I am pretty sure, not 100%, that the extra Genesis matches did not exist awhile ago, as I look at Genesis albums periodically. So, I am sure some of those were not there a couple of years ago.

As Roon adds more meta-data sources, then everything is a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back. Meaning, Genesis might have been cleaned up once, but, adding a new data source can cause unintended regression (from a user’s perspective) and suddenly Genesis has issues again.

I did notice that I mistakenly circled one R-Kive which is actually a real Genesis album. Although, most of the tracks are “unavailable”.

I notice this a lot and assume that things are being combed through on the back end to find these and correct the meta-data. I wonder if we should just have a forum post that anyone which finds an issue can just append to instead of creating individual posts.

Thanks for the report, @Rugby! We are looking into this.

I have loads of these
especially in electronic music where artist names are not unique… As far add i can see this behavior comes from mainly from tidal where the same artists are mixed up

example dj fresh or enei

I’m seeing the same thing and I don’t have Tidal. I do have Qobuz.

I have the same issue. In with the Adams ( John Adams ) Artist listing there is and album by Bryan Adams. In fact initially all the Adams albums were attributed to Bryan Adams. Corrected the Album Primary Artist tags, but the Bryan Adams is still in with the Adams stuff.

All the “Top Tracks” are Bryan Adams as well.

How do I get Bryan where he belongs?

Thanks. Rich

You don’t, till Roon figure out where the bug lies and how it’s triggered. My experience is no matter what you do you can’t get around this, it recurs even after a manual fix, so best to wait for Roon to apply resource and resolve it.

Are you doing anything about this at all? This is rampant and there are countless examples (Cream, Bread, Heart…I could go on and on). How can a product where the “Rich” metadata is an USP, make such a royal mess of this?

I’ve noticed this happening across every streaming service, unfortunately. I can think of countless times in Spotify and Qobuz that I’ve seen this kind of thing pop up.

A post was split to a new topic: Combined artists