Headphones thread (show us yer cans)!

Another review article

You just had to post that didn’t you. There goes another $200 :rofl: :headphones:

4 Likes

I know the feeling :wink:

If you listen them flat then I agree but tweak the DSP , change to Bright . They don’t match my HD800’s but they are an acceptable Phone/Bluetooth headphone combo for out and about or in my case power cuts

I can only find one sale here in SA at $500 ,the joy of living in the colonies :smiling_imp:

On Prime at Amazon, must resist. Seem to have good reviews.

Should i post them over? :grinning:

You believe reviews on Amazon :astonished:

1 Like

I do when I write them :grin:

1 Like

Its the joy of a restricted market place , I recently decided to audition some new headphones , out of 5 brands I chose I could audition ONE , the rest were to be payed for then imported from USUK as a BOX with a suitable surcharge and then import tax …

The one I could audition I already had - Sennheiser , the US & UK and probably Europe are spoiled !!

I still wouldn’t :wink:

2 Likes

All New Setup: Audeze LCD-XC running off an RME ADI-2 Pro FS Black Edition.

14 Likes

I just ordered the ZMF Caldera to match my listening area. Should match the lamp, table and Naim HE. Probably a few weeks before I actually get the headphones.

10 Likes

You forgot to mention the Eames chair component of the ensemble :slight_smile:

Fantastic setup. I can’t imagine you’ll be disappointed with that purchase - especially in that environment. Congratulations!

New headphone station.

Recovered my wife’s bedside table.
Bluesound Node 2, Aune X7s class A headphone amp with Aune XP1 LPS and Dan Clark Audio Stealth headphones.

11 Likes

Some very nice headphones there. Nice setup.

2 Likes

Wondering if any are using Apple AirPods Pro2 even if your have nicer/musical headphones.

3 Likes

Yes, I have a pair (the wife uses them all the time🙄).

Pretty good for noise cancellation and ok sound.

Absolutely. They’re amazing little headphones for casual and on-the-go listening. I use then in transparency mode when running. I use them in shopping malls and other public places. Honestly think they’re great for what they are.

1 Like

I bought two pair of the AirPod Pro 2, and was very impressed by the extent of the technology. I think they sound fine for the kind of listening that I do (while doing something else). My wife likes them as something with which she can tinker. She uses them while working on cases. I do think they are less suitable (for her) for wearing them and answering a call.

I would like a pair of headphones, but they are, to me, much like turntables; selections are extensive. The last headphones (really dates me) was a pair of electrostatic Kloss headphones an amazing long time ago (ESP-9?) which weighed in excess of 37 lb (felt to me).