Headphones thread (show us yer cans)!

Over BT with APTX it is going to be reduced to <500KB anyway so CD quality is fine.
What is the quality like with a cable connected?

No idea as not tried itšŸ˜Ž
Just something else to testā€¦lol.

1 Like

Will try cable on this flight tonight.
Gosh that sounds like a great song lyric doesnā€™t itšŸ˜‰

2 Likes

I asked https://chat.openai.com to write this song for you. Why do it yourself when youā€™ve got an AI on hand? Hereā€™s your song:

Verse 1:
Iā€™m flying high above the clouds
Listening to my favorite tunes
With my headphones and a cable
Iā€™m feeling free as I travel

Chorus:
Headphones on, the world is gone
Just me and the music, moving on
Flying high with my headphones on

Verse 2:
The engine hums, the sky is blue
I close my eyes and Iā€™m transported
To a world of sound and wonder
Lost in the music, I drift and wander

Chorus:

Bridge:
Iā€™m flying high, with nowhere to go
But I donā€™t mind, Iā€™m feeling whole
With my headphones and the music I love
Iā€™m lost in the moment, floating above

Chorus:

8 Likes

In no way fancyā€¦ but I wanted to pick up a set of cans again and I found these in the Black Friday deal!

HD-599 - reduced from Ā£190 toā€¦ā€¦ Ā£65

I know theyā€™re not the best in segment at Ā£190, but Iā€™m not sure you can do much better for Ā£65!

15 Likes

I just picked up some Hifiman Arya. Got to say, they are amazing. Significant upgrade on my Audeze LCD-2C.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s update pic with the ZMF Caldera in place. Someone stole my chair.

20 Likes

Nope, it was just reclaimed ā€¦ itā€™s their chair, home, et alā€¦

Lovely looking cat, if you have mind post some more pics over in ā€¦
Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

To be honest, I put him in the chair. Thought it would make for a better pic. :thinking:. But he does take long naps in it and likes to try and scratch me from behind, so havenā€™t gotten to use it much.

2 Likes

I use these for my office headphones, and like them, too, but like others I get that sore spot on the top of my head after about an hour. Noise cancelling is excellent, though :grinning:

I canā€™t say as I noticed any sore spot on top of head but itā€™s a fact I have an odd shaped headā€¦I mean my motorcycle helmet is only a size 53ā€¦
Lol

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried a load of closed-back headphones with my Mojo/Poly, but never quite found the perfect ā€˜fitā€™. The closest I came was the Beyerdynamic DT1770 PRO, but the comfort/clamping force was a bit high.

But Iā€™ve come across these:

And so-far, so-good! :smiley:

5 Likes

Iā€™m sorry in advance for the distraction but no discussion of head size is complete without this:

2 Likes

Off topic but Is 53 a typo ,that seems small? , here is mine

The helmet has speakers mounted in the lining for music.

1 Like

Nope, no typoā€¦ exactly what I meantā€¦lol.
At least nobody is likely to steal my lidsšŸ˜…
Thatā€™s in both Shoei and Arai.
Whenever anyone accuses me of being big headed I can quite accurately refute that statement :grin:

1 Like

Probably why some headphones I have tried feel like they are clamping my head so tight and are
painfully uncomfortable. Headphones are not just about sound quality, they need to be comfortable to wear as well.

4 Likes

Exactly Rod.
And thatā€™s probably why the px7 are not causing me any grief right now.
Most of my cans that I have owned present and past are nearly always just about fully closed on adjustmentā€¦so really canā€™t get too much clamping force pain.

19 Likes

You need a certain clamping force for a good seal. If someone wears glasses or has a beard that could end up being a problem.

But my experience with headphones is avoid headphones with that traditional style headband like focal , Denon and Bayer use. Everything that has that plastic frame going on.

At least I donā€™t like themā€¦I get hot spots on my head and I always feel like there is pressure behind one of my ears in the jaw area.

Im super happy with the headband that Dan Clark uses. Thatā€™s the most comfortable solution In my opinion. And the earpads are big enough and nicely shaped.

The headband my meze Liric use is my second favourite solution. Clamp force is there but not in a annoying way.

And headphones shouldnā€™t be super heavy. Thatā€™s way Im probably never going to get a audeze headphone :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I had tried Audeze LCD series when they came out years ago and found them heavy and uncomfortable, however the Audeze CRBN that I recently purchased are very comfortable.

1 Like