How Do You Manage A Sprawling Queue?

I’m in the process of backing up my Roon storage folder and did some math….
If I listen to music for 8 hours a day I likely won’t live long enough to listen to my entire library even once.
:laughing::sob:

2 Likes

Yes, you can use tags in ARC without much fuss. Which is about the only good thing from Roon that carries over the rest of ARCs management is severely lacking.

I don’t get this as an excuse. They have had years to come up with this and what ever anyone says in its defence it’s a lacking many basic functions and stuff that’s just a given from Roon that should have been included. It all feels too much like an after thought and a knee jerk reaction rather than something that been on its development radar for so long.

Well they said on release that “this is 1.0, many things are not there yet, they will come”. And it’s been just like 6 months or so. I find it reasonable that features aren’t dropping like flies yet.

I’m more concerned with the many issues with stability, tracks disappearing, etc., that IMHO shouldn’t have been there to begin with or are taking too long to fix. Given this, I think it’s more important to fix this stuff, for better or worse

Yes fix stability which is a bet meh. But lots of the stuff missing should have been there day one. Roon handles multidisc albums without a sweat. Why does ARC not offer me the same it’s the same database for gods sake. I get just a huge list of tracks and no disc breakdown. It’s disparities like this get my goat as there should be no reason for it all. Where is my streaming portals basic stuff I cant check for new releases.

Yeah that’s a weird one. While it is able to correctly show the current sort order that was chosen from the menu while the regular Roon remote on the phone only shows “Sort” for no particular reason :slight_smile:

Oh well, small teams, large tasks, it is what it is. I still prefer it over the streaming apps already

I’m away from home this weekend but not using ARC as it doesn’t give me what I need fallen back to UAPP.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.