How to get the best experience from Roon Radio?

After 4 solid months of use Roon Radio use with Local Library (110,000+ tracks) + TIDAL and also with no streaming service attached, I share your thoughts. Artist repetition and lack of deep cuts. - I’ve had the best experience with radio without TIDAL connected (leaving only my local library), this setup has yielded by far the most deep cuts and interesting listening experience (resurfacing songs in my library I hadn’t listened to in over a decade). Ideally though, I really do want to fold in a streaming services as I love discovering new music.

I was also disappointed to learn after I signed up for Roon that Roon Radio is purely based off of one single song, the last song in your queue. I had naively assumed it would use your whole queue as a seed.

Related posts:

In the streaming arena I’ve tried Spotify, Apple Music, TIDAL, and Pandora.

• Pandora wins hands down for Radio.
  • TIDAL wins for sound quality (only lossless option I’ve tried)
  • Spotify wins in every other category (UI, usability, social features, library)

Of course I could never give up my local library, and I love how Roon brings all of my audio devices together to party, so I would love to see Roon advance the radio to incorporate some of the suggestions you’ve brought up along with suggestions in the threads I’ve linked to above.

You’re not alone. Cheers.

5 Likes