HQPlayer and HAF Room Shaper

The question is if Thierry (or someone else) can write Room Shaper in a language that Roon understand. I guess there is a challenge how to interact with that SW as it requires some GUI. Maybe it can be done by api and extensions. Maybe Roon can do something so GUI can be displayed. Still reprogramming is needed as VST won’t work.

You’re saying that Room Shaper is working in the time domain. My understanding is so do HAF or Audiolence when applied into convoluting.

Is really VST or similar plugins the only way to create the functionality of what the Room Shaper does.
I would very much like someone to give a technical explanation. As I think most things is possible in SW.

I’ve got some answer in link below, but I still don’t understand the requirement of VST. There must be other ways. Can anyone enlighten me, or discuss with Thierry ?

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/59874-article-what-is-accurate-sound/?do=findComment&comment=1068050

“ Room Shaper is not a static filter and processes the incoming signal based on a threshold level and strength that the user sets”

@Jeffrey_Robbins
Maybe your discussion with Thierry can give some answers. Do we really need a GUI. Won’t a simple setting of input by numbers by 1 to 100 be sufficient as an example.
Or even an external app sending necessary settings to Room Shaper. (Or Roon extentions)

@crieke
Do you know what is possible with API and VST plugins ?
Can Roon extension be part of DSP ? (I don’t think so).
The best we may hope for I guess is a controlling interface of some sort, and that would still need changes in the Room Shaper. Which may is impossible in rules of a VST.

VST plugin for Roon seems like an impossible solution: