HQPlayer -vs- Chord WTA1

Thanks, how the hell do I get out of this screen?

Add images

1 Like

CTRL+O to save
Then CTRL+X to exit.

Thatā€™s Control, not Command.

It is just different traffic pattern. The way NAA protocol is designed is about sound quality, not to make it easy for constrained devices.

Now you are not taking into account the USB bus access pattern differences between network and audio USB device, in these two cases. Given that in this particular both share the same USB bus.

I would strongly advice to stay away from anything that uses USB for networking.

1 Like

It seems that Iā€™ll have to search for another player that would have no problem supporting such a high sample rate. Have you had good experience with another network player?

This is what I use with my bootable NAA image:

1 Like

Speaking of NAA, my microRendu only has NAA version 3.6. Is there any way to upgrade that?

I think you need a new microSD from Sonore, but probably better ask them directly.

You have to buy new 2.8 sd card $29.
Specify on drop down for microrendu card only.

Yikes, what happened to downloading updates?

You need to ask JR at Sonore that questionā€¦

I too was surprised to learn that to get the latest NAA code for my ultraRendu I needed to buy a new OS for it. Itā€™s not like the the latest NAA release needed a new OS version. It felt like a forced ransom payment to meā€¦

1 Like

Maybe @Jesus_Rodriguez can explain why NAA v4 needs sonicOrbiter 2.8 ?

The technical reason/s ?

Itā€™s early to say, but it seems that the latest NAA Daemon fixes my problem with the static noise when playing PCM768.

Does the latest version indeed address this problem? Thanks.

1 Like

Nope, I spoke too earlyā€¦

2 Likes

My UltraRendu is ordered and should arrive Friday. Allo USBridge Signature sent back to Allo for a full refund. Alloā€™s customer service is excellent!

1 Like

Iā€™m still waiting for their final answer. They asked for some extra time to try and figure things out.

Did you try Jussiā€™s RPi4 NAA image with your USBridge Signature, before sending it back for a refund?

Doesnā€™t need any command line stuff. Just install the image to SD card using Etcher and youā€™re done.

HQPlayer should see it (and your USB DAC) as a network backend.

1 Like

The Allo USBridge Signature is based on a RPI3 Compute Module and uses a special USB that needs some driver so I gues it wouldnā€™t work. Have you tried it?

Yes minor typo on my part there.

Did you try the RPi3 NAA image then?

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/

No, I havenā€™t, but I might tonight. However, Iā€™d have to update that USB driver and, also, Iā€™m afraid that the kernel used with that image is a 4.19 one (which would cause some pops and clicks with my Chord DAC). Anyway, Iā€™ll give it a try and Iā€™ll keep you posted.

1 Like

Cool. Jussiā€™s NAA image is always the best way to use NAA.

Thatā€™s not to say other ways canā€™t work without issues too (DietPi, sonicOrbiter OS etc have worked fine for me and many others too).

1 Like