If you are up-sampling any format to DSD512 - which DACs are you using?

Right. I use fiber media converters though. Breaks the electrical connection from the router to reduce any noise. Linear power supply on the FMC at the DAC end. The VEGA doesn’t have wifi.

1 Like

Excellent. I think I can count on one hand, the number of DAC’s that support DSD512 over ethernet input.

Vega G2 with Leo GX here as well. Ethernet…with Ubiquiti switches. Roon core is Nucleus+. I use only Up-sampling and Headroom Management (-3db).

I get 1.7-1.8x processing with the Nucleus+ at DSD512.

I will most likely be moving to hardware upsampling when the Auralic Sirius comes out later next year.

1 Like

Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro.

Roon core is on a system built in a Streacom FC5 chassis using an ASRock Z97E-ITX motherboard with an Intel® Core™ i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz with 16Gb of RAM.

This is running SnakeOil OS which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS

I manage to upsample to DSD512 and it runs at 1.9x for processing in Roon with ‘Parallelize Sigma-Delta Modulator’ set to ON.

All seems stable enough and I’m very happy with the sound :slight_smile:

Interesting topic, I just did some stress test of on board WiFi of RPi 3 B+ in Allo DigiOne Player, here is the signal path:

Roon Nucleus DSD 512 > (5G WiFi) > RPi 3 B+ > (USB Native DSD512) > Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital

So far so good, and DSD suits Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital well.

1 Like