Information on Roon's March 6, 2024 Connectivity Incident (inability to connect to Roon services, Qobuz, Tidal, and KKBOX)

Perhaps I should clarify. Roon is presently working perfectly for me. The reason for my comment is i expererienced the outage the Roon team described last week and I wanted to let the Roon team and the community know the explanation doesn’t seem to apply to my equipment. It would seem to call into question if the issue might have had more causes than the Roon team thinks.

I run Rock on a NUC 11 - 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 2.8 GHz - 4.7 GHz Turbo, 4core, 8 thread, 12MB Cache. The BIOS was updated when i set this up in January 2024.

Given the newness of this unit and the fact it is is on Roon’s list of recommended NUCs, it doesn’t seem like Roon’s explanation that the problem was caused by “operating systems that are [not] reasonably up-to-date and [do not] at least have a somewhat recent set of what OS vendors call “critical and security updates” applied” would explain why i experienced the problem.

I could speculate that the problem could be caused by a Router (mine’s not that old - 2018 but it’s from my broadband provider so perhaps it wasn’t latest tech) but i guess the Roon team would need to clarify if that could be a cause.