Information on Roon's March 6, 2024 Connectivity Incident (inability to connect to Roon services, Qobuz, Tidal, and KKBOX)

No this is because they stopped the core partner programme. They used to have one alongside Roon Ready and Roon Tested. But they retired it some time ago.

1 Like

OK, now I’m really confused. I guess we don’t know who all the “partners” are mentioned in the top post.

They used to have a Roon Core Partner programme where those making bespoke servers that ran Roon server on and were listed. They decided to scrap this around 2019 may be earlier, not sure exactly why now, but I think it was to do with so many being low specced compared to what they recommended such as Innuos and Antipodes ones at the time. This was not part oif Roon Ready or Roon Tested but another layer on top of that. I imagine they are not going to say which ones are affected as they wont necessarlily have them to know, I imagine they will be dealt with on a need to basis as it crops up. Most do run soem flavour of linux, the odd one might be old windows servers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.