Install for Roon on Intel NUC + Win2012R2 Essentials - Using Audiophile Optimzer

That is what I thought. Phil from AO is looking into it as he believes it should work. But like you I couldn’t get it to work.

I couldn’t get Roon working in AO optimised Core mode. I found I always needed to reinstall the media pack after the AO prep, which then reloaded the GUI. In the end I was happy with minimal server because of the convenience of RDP.

I hope Phil can step us through how to do it. It would be great for people to have Core as an option.

When Roon for Linux is released, I’ll be looking at dual booting. It would be interesting to compare AO optimised Core mode 2012 with a stripped back Linux.

Yes it works in Min Server mode without an issue. He had just mentioned that RoonServer would work in Core mode.

RoonServer runs in Core mode, and you can connect to it, however, nothing makes it to the play list. (for me that is).
That goes for both a local connected DAC as a Meridian ID40 remotely.

Hi guys, did we ever reach a conclusion on whether Roonserver successfully works in Core mode with AO optimizations? In this thread it seems like answer is no, but reading confusing things in other threads. Any definite conclusion, @Priaptor or @andybob?

Thanks!
Yeang

Haven’t heard further after the above sorry. I’ve become fat and lazy listening to minimal server mode. Also like the convenience of RDP.

I’ve switched to the windows 10 version in the meantime. Works fine for me…

Does not run in Core, but does in Minimal Mode.

Hi all,
From and architectural point of view i don’t understand why server audiophile optimization (HW/SW) is needed on the Roon Core server machine when streaming “bit perfect” to a dedicated networked distant “Roonready” certified endpoint via RAAT protocol to feed the audio chain.

Is it about clocking optimization or noisy ethernet ?
Is it about Roon Core bitstream not “bit perfect” without optimization ?

Finally is HW/SW optimization on the server machine side a RoonLabs recommandation to get the best SQ in such a networked setup ?

Thank’s in advance for insights.
Volpone

Mine doubles as a server, but also has a direct connected dac over usb…

In a network setup, this should make no difference as electrical noise can/should be isolated by the network and the endpoint in multiple ways. This is mostly important for noise leaking from directly attached devices to the server machine. Think SPDIF and/or USB.

Thank you Danny for your quick and clear answer.

There is a lot of “audiophile” discussion about player hw/sw optimization . In a Roon networked setup you confirm that the only “player” is the endpoint.