Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Better deals through the Roon app please @danny !!

Fixed the twitter post

1 Like

Seriously: The people that need convincing are the people at Amazon, not the Roon guys…

3 Likes

Very interesting point of view, but I guess that you might be right. But how do you make them be aware of Roon?

One superior feature in Amazon HD is the mini-player. Been waiting for years for Roon to implement one.

2 Likes

I think we need to be mindful about ‘who’ we ‘get into bed’ with.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ve been an Amazon customer for twenty-years, and have been a Prime member for around ten of those. I do love Amazon, and the choice of merchandise, delivered next-day to your door is second-to-none.
I was a bit of an ‘early adopter’ to Amazon here in the UK. But in the last few years, I have witnessed the failure of many traditional businesses/retailers, and the annihilation of our high-streets here.
All Amazon care about is the ‘bottom line’. Yes, they do provide great customer service, but with regard to music, they don’t really ‘care’ about it. It’s just part of their plan for retail ‘world domination’. With Roon and Qobuz, I subscribe to two companies who seem to be passionate about music. And that matters to me.
By jumping on the Amazon HD bandwagon, I’d just be responsible for putting even more wealth in an even smaller number of people’s pockets, AKA Jeff Bezos.
I would much prefer to support companies that have the same ideals as me, and are passionate about music. Hence why I’m going to continue to support Qobuz, even if Roon integrate Amazon music.
Yes, this will cost me another hundred quid a year over subscribing to Amazon music. But why, oh why is life always about a race to the bottom?
I say stand-up, and support the people that matter to you for a change!

34 Likes

One way is for many people to post to twitter, which would make the company aware. I don’t know if I chose the right hashtags above - would be great if someone can improve on that and show us.

I understand and agree in principle.

However in practical terms… IMHO, the Amazon disruption - and in all likelihood the followup from Spotify and Apple - can put both TIDAL and Qobuz out of business. In which case, Roon will be out of business - at least in my case it would destroy a large part of Roon’s value.

I subscribe to both TIDAL and Qobuz in the US. I hoped to switch to Qobuz-only but alas the catalog is not as rich as TIDAL in some areas (electronic). So there…

1 Like

@amazonmusic” is all that’s needed, which you did.

They don’t have a separate Amazon Music HD account:

But tagging #AmazonMusicHD like you did won’t hurt

Some people are “hashtag masters” - I would like to drive as many retweeters and people of interest as possible.

1 Like

You just need to look at the account your tagging to confirm if it’s applicable (or not…)

Like just looking at @AmazonHD and seeing it’s not really Amazon Music related…

No Ph.D required :grin:

Spotify have apparently already said that they’re not interested in offering anything more than 320kbps MP3, and I think Apple are so entrenched in their AAC framework, that I would be amazed if they decide to offer lossless steaming.
TBH I very much doubt that Amazon will ‘play ball’ with Roon? I think Amazon are just intent on taking over the world with their Alexa/Echo devices, and integrating with Roon probably works against their own Amazon Music expansion strategy.
If there’s ever a time to support Qobuz and Tidal as Roon users, it is now!

2 Likes

I agree, your Twitter way is a good way to try and get their attention.

Let the hack begin… i don’t understand people putting these things in their homes. Maybe someone can explain?

echo link sucks i tried it and sound is terrible.

That’s why I’m sticking with Roon & Qobuz!

Well there is always Bluesound to an external dac . I haven’t tried this yet .

Almost everybody here thinks integration of Amazon into Roon is a fine idea.

Almost everybody, that is, but Amazon. They don’t need Roon, and that is a fact.

1 Like

You may be right but they have allowed Sonos,Marantz, Bluesound and others to integrate their music service. I realize that Roon is different in that it would require more from Amazon but I don’t see them saying no .

2 Likes

I’ve said a couple of times that roon Amazon integration would probably never happen, but now I’m beginning to wonder.

Roon’s radio silence on a topic of such strong interest suggests they may be under an NDA and can’t say anything right now. Could be they are in preliminary/exploratory talks or that an actual project is underway. Otherwise they could put all this to bed by simply saying Amazon integration is not on the roadmap at this time.

So maybe no news is good news?

1 Like