Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Obviously this is the right moment to bring help to small actors like Qobuz .Spotify and Qobuz are still losing money (official public figures) and without the support of “audiophiles customers” they really can die since Amazon is a healthy company.
Qobuz started in 2009 to offer HIRES but …sometimes to be the first is not the best place but they did …and in 2015 they have been purchased by another company which put money on the table (Xandrie)
The questions is : does Qobuz spent too much money for the US launch ? for me its a kind of duty and i will still support them …maybe until they die …also coz this is a french company and i live in Paris !!

2 Likes

If nothing changes, I will soon drop my Amazon trial and pay for one year of Roon. I’ll be keeping Tidal and Qobuz. Also keeping Apple Music only because it’s free from Verizon.

2 Likes

… free from Venison, Oh deer!

Had the Amazon offer for their 90 day HD music service following a music vinyl purchase. Replied along the lines that until Amazon HD was integrated into Roon, I’ll remain uninterested and stick with qobuz. I hope that is more grist to the mill.

2 Likes

I would definitely stop my Amazon Music HD subscription if it is not available thru Roon, the stock Amazon app is not up to the task of delivering same functionality of Roon, neither in term of SQ.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

Please take a minute to let Amazon know we care…

2 Likes

I did, several times in fact.

1 Like

I agree that the more times Roon appears on Amazon’s radar, the better chance there is of progress, but I wouldn’t read too much beyond that into the amazon responses posted above re the request being forwarded to the development teams - that’s a standard boilerplate response when a feature doesn’t already exist and/or the agent doesn’t have a clue what you’re asking about :wink:
Perhaps there could be value too in Amazon working with Roon to make Amazon echos Roon endpoints - the newly announced Echo Studio in particular which will compete with Sonos and the Homepod I’m sure. That’d potentially be a big market for Roon, although I admit it could be argued that there may not be too much of a market overlap. Having said that, quite a few “audiophiles” could well have echo devices already for different reasons…

We’re investigating it, but no promise.

Edit: We’ve improved AirPlay support that can currently be used to stream Amazon Music HD.

3 Likes

I have just sent an email to Amazon to ask for integration into Roon.

I’ll add a +1 for Amazon Music HD integration.

Lifetime member

Shane

@Shane_White, did you tell them or just +1 here? It’s useless here… you gotta tell Amazon.

1 Like

My post to the Amazon Music FB page:

Go like it!!

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

+1. Would love to see Amazon HD integrated with Roon. Sounds good with my PC, but no easy hifi way to listen on the home rig!

1 Like

Would be great if we can get Amaozon Music HD compatible with Roon.

6 Likes

2 Likes