Intel NUC 10th gen - what to expect?

I had a look around, trying to find any Release Notes or Change Logs for ROCK OS, but I couldn’t find a thing.

If we’re trying to keep some kind of eye out for when ROCK adds the HW Ethernet driver for the NUC10i7FNH, where can we keep looking?

Now that the NUC10i7FNH has been out for a bit, I’m hoping the full Roon ROCK support won’t be far behind. It’d be nice if someone could comment on what the lead time might be like, but I doubt anyone can…

Here is the release notes: Roon OS Release Notes

2 Likes

I want a Roon approved 10th gen i9. Wonder if it will occur during my lifetime.

I’m curious about this. The i9 is serious overkill for ROCK. If you want to run HQPlayer and Roon on the same box you could do it now with Windows. You can’t run them together on ROCK, of course.
What did I miss?

I am anticipating Roon requiring more resources in the upcoming years, so I am looking to make sure any unit might get will handle that. Plus, the i9 uses less energy from what I’ve read

Thing is by the time it does need such resources, if it ever does, there’s a distinct possibility that we may be on 14th or 15th gen or higher CPU’s and a 10th gen i9 may be no more powerful than the future gen’s i5.

No point massively over-speccing a cpu today for possible software requirements in 4 or 5 years.

3 Likes

Yep. Makes me want to go back to my S-100 bus chassis and simple single-card upgrades.

1 Like

I’ll follow you,dude.

@danny
This might be what’s up with the NUC10 ethernet issue, but I’m not sure how to adapt this patch for a Roon ROCK install:

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2020/08/enhancements-to-the-community-ne1000-vib-for-intel-nuc-10.html

see here about ROCK + NUC10:

1 Like

Danny, Any chance Roon Rock could support dual Ethernet at some point?

Perhaps you may clarify your needs and continue in this thread: