iOS app for offline use

Hi!
Is there any plan to build an iOS app for playing music stored on your device?
As many users, one of the Roon feature I love the most is the fact to have a single library including music I own and Tidal albums.

On my iPhone, I have some albums stored from Itunes, and some other from Tidal Offline feature. Jumping from one app o the other is very inconvenient, it would be great if Roon had an app wihch could be used to keep all music content in a single library.

Is there any discussion on this?
cheers
Ale

3 Likes

With Apple Music Support Please

“it would be great if Roon had an app wihch could be used to keep all music content in a single library.”

I have both a Roon library and an iTunes library accessed by Roon. Works great.

So, the answer to your question is: Roon is the app which could be used…

Hi John
I was talking of using that offline, not connected to a wifi network or Roon core.
I want something that just works for what is stored on the iPhone
Is this the way you use it ?

It’s been a topic of discussion for almost two years, with some input from Roon developers. Have a look through this thread…

It would be great to be able to store selected albums and our roon playlists “ offline” on mobile devices ( iphones etc) , as is possible with the tidal app.

Actually while the other thread focusses on mobile and offline could be said to be a piece of that, it isn’t necessarily included in the Roadmap (not that any of us know). So it’s a good call out. :smiley: