Is Roon ARC a game changer?

Roon ARC is definitely a game changer for me. I do most of my listening at home where Roon shines but I also go for long walks and enjoy listening sessions while out and about. This required maintaining a separate streaming ecosystem which always presented challenges in keeping libraries (local vs. streaming) in sync, matching favorites (artists, albums, tracks) and generating/obtaining reliable listening history/stats without having to manage/refer to a 3rd party (Last.fm).

This was so annoying (for me anyway) that I abandoned Roon about a year ago, even though I paid for a lifetime subscription, in favor of Apple Music w/ a 3rd party app called Albums. This worked well enough and the Albums app is fantastic although there were still many missing features/limitations. And I was at the mercy of Apple Music removing/changing music in my library without warning. One of the biggest things I was missing dearly is the way Roon recommends similar artists and albums. I know Apple Music and other services have similar features but in my experience the recommendations from Roon have always been right on the money. Pure gold.

So I’m thrilled to be able to return to Roon (w/ a local library + Qobuz) for a single, consistent platform with all that Roon magic. Kudos team!

4 Likes