I've fallen a little out of love with the Roon forum 💔

I have mixed feelings.

One the plus side, the volunteer moderators are very nice and try to help resolve issues with the software/hardware issues that come up with Roon. Recently, Geoff & Co. helped me fix an issue with my library updating that had been bugging me for quite a while.

I understand that Roon is a small company, but the number of people that visit this forum isn’t huge. It would be nice if Roon staff were more present here. Roon isn’t extremely expensive, nor is it cheap. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for someone to be able to submit a support ticket and have it addressed within 48 business hrs by actual Roon staff.

Accurate metadata is one of Roon’s core features and I don’t feel like it is treated as a priority. If their current service partner in this matter isn’t sufficient, they should find an alternative. I have plenty of albums in my personal library that are also available on streaming services like Qobuz and Tidal, but are not Identified.

I submitted a request for an erroneously identified album to be fixed (the album was released this year) and nobody at Roon has responded in many days.

1 Like