Jpeg's and pdf's don't delete

Why would leaving the directory with jpegs and PDF files in place cause db bloat? Once the album is deleted and the Library cleaned up, there would be no reference in the db to the files left in the now unused directory.

Well, when I sell a CD or SACD, I can’t legally keep the tracks ripped from those CDs and SACDs. So I delete them. Also, I rarely keep a mastering of an album when I obtain a better one. I usually delete the inferior mastering even if I don’t sell it.

I manage the file system of music so I have something manageable in case, some time down the road, I need to do something else with my library of music.

That is what I do, i remove unwanted albums from my Nas , I ind this a good way to keep the Roon Database at my Nuc in a proper way

Wrt your selling CDs, yes, there are exceptions. I had once (stupidly) worked on corporate documents on my home computer (before laptops became the norm), and when I left the company I could not keep those documents anymore so I deleted them. And then I emptied the trash, and did some wiping exercises to clear out physical storage. And then I got good and drunk to wipe it from brain storage.

Wrt managing your file system, enjoy.

Images from deleted albums are not cleaned up.