Let’s talk about what’s Moving and Grooving you today? [2022-12]

Hey @UliR, my Sonos Sub said to tell you thanks for finally giving it a workout :wink:. Thanks for the rec.

1 Like

Intrigued and added, though Mrs Harris really hates heavy heavy bass.
Might have to listen on headphones :astonished:

1 Like

Hey Michael, it’s not heavy at all. Nice stuff. Mrs. H might like it.

2 Likes

Might be tempted to try in on the Arc and Sub myself in a couple of days :thinking::astonished:

1 Like

OOH, yes no fur here. Just a moaning dog because I won’t let her upstairs. (Wrong thread)

4 Likes

Out of you know what, but I predict you’re going to end up listening to more music on your new setup than you think.

2 Likes

Well moaning dogs can make nice music :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think so, I have never enjoyed music through soundbars. I really value stereo separation.

But I have a lot of DVD and Blue-ray concert’s and some have Atmos so I am looking forward to that part.
So on that part you might well be right :grin::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Joni’s mid ‘70s music remains interesting for me.

14 Likes

I have quite a few early Joni albums, always refreshing.

3 Likes

This one is my favourite. Some very interesting lyrics as well as some great music.

1 Like

Headphones on.

14 Likes

More for the story behind it
https://i.imgur.com/h0bRMtm.png

4 Likes

I just realized that I outright lied in this thread. I sometimes do listen with headphones, a Bose set my son hardly ever uses. It’s usually during the evening hours for a short period when nobody else is in the mood to hear a pair of SVS subs pounding out Slayer at that hour. I was just messing around with ARC through them and just actually was able to recall that with the single brain cell I’ve been working with recently. Xmas miracles.

Speaking of which, I did go ahead and let the family know that Best Buy has a killer deal going on still for the Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds and are the only thing on my Xmas list. See what happens…

1 Like

Back in a nice warm hotel with a real wood fire in reception…

6 Likes

7 Likes

Hey @TheRiz, still out of hearts, but wanted you to know I’ve had that CD since the early '80s, and it’s one of all time favs. Listening to “Morning Dance” now. Brings back some great memories of when I lived in Atlanta. Thanks for the rec.

2 Likes

I love this band, was thinking about picking up tickets to their show.

1 Like

You should go see them, and let us know what you think. I missed an opportunity to see them once when they were in Atlanta when I lived there.

My all time favourite group of the smooth jazz genre is the Rippingtons. Didn’t know if you were familiar with them or not. Band leader Russ Freeman is a very talented guitarist, and has assembled many different iterations of the group over the years. I’ve seen them live 3 times, and have all their CDs.

If you’ve never listened to any of their music before, check out Live Across America. If you like the sax, listen to “Summer Lovers” in particular, which features Paul Taylor. But the whole album is really good I think. One of the times I saw them was when they were touring in support of that album, and it’s basically the same setlist as what I saw them perform live.

I’m trying to be good here, so let me know if I’m getting out of line @AceRimmer. If I should send something like this to TheRiz in a PM, then let me know ok.

2 Likes

Yes, great band & a diverse range of material, this is my collection (with 3 or 4 gaps)…

4 Likes